Rust is a Must!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Okay...besides your first car what is the rustiest thing you ever bought home. Also what possessed you to do such a thing? Okay here is mine. It is a large steel pear link. Used for heavy hauling. Well i hauled this baby home with me because i like the pear shape. It is hardened steel. The rust does not rub off on your hands like some rust does. Dont know that i will ever use it for more than decoration.
IMG_20200402_095718.jpg
what do you think? Crazy right.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Dang! How many cone tops?

Not many cone tops, mostly flat tops from the 1950's. It was a Bar Dump in Alabama along Georgia Border. All the ground behind me was thousands of cans buried under a layer of Dirt, which I never finished. Here's another Bar Dump Pic in Mississippi along Alabama Border. LEON.
mississippidump.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
That's it! You win the honorary tinman award. What a picture. Looked like a real good time. Thanks for your rust buddy.

bottlehunt!

Reaction score
The rustiest thing I ever brought home was a railroad spike, before I started collecting. I did not post a pic because I don't have one currently available, and it is easy to imagine because I think we all have brought at least 1 home, right?

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Guilty as charged. Mine was heavily pitted. I still have it around here somewhere.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi