S.V. Horne - Kingston Ontario soda bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
i haven't come across many bottles in the past few months but have come across 2 bottles from Kingston Ontario which happen to be from the same bottler .

the embossed 7 oz bottle i found at an antique mall in southern ontario , its marked " S.V. Horne A.B.W. Kingston " contents 7 oz , believe its from the 30's or 40's . the A B W seems to refer to american bottling works .

the acl beehive bottle i found at a private sale , but unfortuently by the time i found out most of the good acl bottles had been sold already , i got this one for a reasonable price due to its condition . some of the red/white acl is gone but alot still there and bottle has a neat look to it and fairly hard bottle to find , it would seem to date from 40's > early 50's

reads " S.V. Horne , Beverages , American Bottling Works , Kingston Ont " embossed contents 11 oz

DSC04458.JPG
DSC04463.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
Too bad that ACL is mostly gone.

true but still a really hard one to find period . the seller did originally have some other good ones for sale but had been sold already by the time i finally noticed there post online .

RCO

Reaction score
Thanks for posting RCO.
Here is mine. Yes it’s a tough one to find in good shape. Ontario, Quebec, and the View attachment 233606View attachment 233607Maritimes have some other elusive 11oz beehive styles that are hard to find.

the person i bought mine from had another hard to find bee hive bottle pictured in there ad online but already sold by the time i got there , they never bothered to take the picture down though

this style fairly widely used in eastern canada so alot of different ones out there

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264