Sanborn MAp ??????'s and other ?????'s

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flasherr

Reaction score
Hi sorry don't want to seem like an idiot but im new and have some questions. They say the only dumb question is the question not asked. But ive been asked some really dumb questions lol.

I am new to this and have acquired some Sanborn maps for my town. The first map is 1881 it shows a 4-6" pipeline running in town. So is it worth looking for privies if it shows a pipeline in place. Is there anything I should really look for that will give me an idea of where the privy is on the map? The maps I have really do not show any houses it is mostly Business downtown. Will the dump be marked dump or is there certain things to look for? Where do you look for houses and other things that are out side of town? Are their different maps that are good resources besides the Sanborn?

Also any one out there proficient with pdf files? I am trying to figure out how to make my map bigger and print out as say 4 sheets instead of just 1 small one.

I have enjoyed reading all the post that everyone puts out I am how ever a little disappointed that a lot of people consider soda bottles made by machine are for a lack of a better word worthless. I love all my acl soda bottles. I love bottles of all types but I have not been luck enough to dig old bottles like the rest of you. I be like a kid in a candy store if I found an old dump of acl bottles. You seem like a great group of people that real support and help one another. i look forward to many years with yall (that's Texan for you all :D)
Brian

flasherr

Reaction score
The first map I have is 1881 it shows water pipes running through the city. The 1896 map shows to have city water in several of the larger buildings. So would the city have had a central well it pumped through the city or would that have been a city water system? Meaning early indoor plumbing. Abilene Texas is the city i am in.
Thank you
Brian

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94