Saving wildlife

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wangan

Reaction score
Yeah they are pretty little critters.The one I found didnt look like he had any spots at all on first inspection but there were tiny ones when I looked real close in the daylight. I kept him overnight in some moss to get better pics the next day.

Im glad you have em around you Joe.Clean water is getting hard to come by these days.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wangan

Yeah I think that is a defense mechanism for them to get away and they regrow another.

This must be my year as a savior of animals.Ive saved 3 bats, I dont know how many snakes and a black salamander with yellow spots from our wood pile.The red newt from the road and today I found a kitten far away from any houses that almost got hit by a car while I was talking to a man beside the road.

I was going to make a saving "tame life" post but Ill just add the little guy in here.He was really hungry but not too thirsty.He had a lot of ear mites but no fleas.I took him to a friend who had some ear mite medicine and got him cleaned up.A friend of my daughters will keep him for her until Thanksgiving when she comes back from college so he has a home.My wife said no way,we already have 2 cats and a rabbit.I would like to leave the person responsible out in the middle of nowhere like they did to him and see how they like fending for themselves,far from any help.I guess the Humane Society was too much of a bother.I figure he cant be much more than a few months old.

E8514A37E403420183B5B6719D9D31C1.jpg
you save snakes???[8|][8|]the only kind i wouldnt kill is a king snake

Wangan

Reaction score
I save about everything in my old laid back life.I let everything go on its way.Live and let live.My wife hates snakes.She says they are evil,lol.Up here in the cold north of Maine none are poisonous.They are mostly green grass snakes and brown garter snakes.I dont like wood spiders in my hunting shack tho.They are extremely fast and big and will attack if bothered.

mr.fred

Reaction score
A lot of times when digging i will encounter some kind of critter!----if i see them in time i will send them on their way----a few weeks ago i had a snake moving around me --i picked him up and put him in some bushes[8D].Seems senseless to kill things just for Chits and Giggles[:mad:].

carobran

Reaction score
well,down here we have POISONOUS snakes..........water moccasin.........copperhead...........even a few rattlers[:eek:]............the other day i held a grass snake though..........it seemed pretty friendly[8|][;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi