Schweppes Torpedo bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
There are many Schweppes variations and i have many. Yours is the latest probably 1880;s to the 1900;s. The earliest are rolled and chisel lip varieties and bring serious money. your torpedo is in the 25 plus range. They are very common in the torpedo/hamilton world.
Most common i have seen it referred to as the multi-million bestseller. I knew it was a easy one to obtain. Thanks for the information, it is not going to waste.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

brent little

Reaction score
i collect torpedoes from all over the world. Some of the best and earliest are from Sweden.I have stuff even from the Bahamas. The hamilton bottles has been made for centuries in one form or another. The best stuff is considered in the early 18th century.The earliest one i own is the rare pontiled rolled lip. 1820's.Embossed SODA

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
i collect torpedoes from all over the world. Some of the best and earliest are from Sweden.I have stuff even from the Bahamas. The hamilton bottles has been made for centuries in one form or another. The best stuff is considered in the early 18th century.The earliest one i own is the rare pontiled rolled lip. 1820's.Embossed SODA
That's real early. I would love to see, if you feel comfortable showing it off a little. I pretty much collect what floats my boat. I have acl sodas as well as a couple old early open pontil and iron pontiled bottles all common stuff. Thank you for all and any information you have bestowed upon me.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

TROG

Reaction score
The early-mid 19th century ones have a distinctly cruder look to them. More along the lines of this one:
View attachment 215817
I believe they would have pontils as well though not sure if that's true in all cases, UK bottles aren't my specialty, the turn of the century ones just show up in Canada a lot.

Yours initially struck me as a bit more recent than the 1870s but I'm not sure, I believe they did continue to be used into the 1890s in that shape before being switched to the ones shaped like actual torpedoes, but I'm not totally sure when that switch-over happened.
This one in the attachment would date late 1830,s to early 1840,s unless has the Margaret St address then is earlier

Last edited:

EdsFinds

Reaction score
All I can say is...wow! To me, that's the Holy Grail of bottle collecting! It would make my whole year to find a bottle from the early 1900s to say nothing of anything earlier. The area I live in is just too developed and not much has been left alone for that amount of time. The 50s or 60s dumps are about the best I can hope for. WOW! What a cool find! Does it really matter in the end if it is the 1830s or 70s? The value of that bottle and its extreme rarity is astounding! It's also so cool to see the evolution of bottles from the early 1800s to the early 1900s. It is funny and amazing to see the progress in technology during that time. Cool!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
All I can say is...wow! To me, that's the Holy Grail of bottle collecting! It would make my whole year to find a bottle from the early 1900s to say nothing of anything earlier. The area I live in is just too developed and not much has been left alone for that amount of time. The 50s or 60s dumps are about the best I can hope for. WOW! What a cool find! Does it really matter in the end if it is the 1830s or 70s? The value of that bottle and its extreme rarity is astounding! It's also so cool to see the evolution of bottles from the early 1800s to the early 1900s. It is funny and amazing to see the progress in technology during that time. Cool!
They made millions of this particular bottle. Main reason not many are found in the states is that it was an English one.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Bohdan

Reaction score
Rob... I hate to tell you this that bottle is not from the early 1830's. It is from the 1870's I have dug a number of them in Savannah Ga. If you want I can post one for you !

or 1890's here. (There were no whites here before 1890)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado