Scored some nice porcelain

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mayhem

Reaction score
I went to my favorite estate liquidation place and scored all you see for less than $20 total. Porcelain is not in my area of expertise but at that price I couldn't resist. Don't you just love picking and then figuring out what I have.

1) J. Sansbury's Bloater Paste - excellent condition, this is the smaller size, these are fairly common especially in the larger size.
2) Genuine Russian Bears Grease Pot Lid - Lid in excellent condition, pot has crazing and chips but is complete, Bears Grease pot lids are fairly common but this one has a unique combination of picture, surrounding pattern, and color (olive green). I can't find another exactly like it.
3) J. B. Thorn Chemist London Pot Lid - Excellent condition with only a minor chip to the lid and one to the pot. This contained medication for venereal disease.
4) Woods Areca Nut Toothpaste Pot Lid - lid only, chipped, very common.
5) Cherry Toothpaste Pot Lid - lid only, excellent condition, colored version that is less common.
6) Enterprise Mercantile Goldfield Nev Porcelain Bottle Top - excellent condition
7) The Old Government Whiskey Porcelain Bottle Top - excellent condition
8) Milwaukee Brewery of San Francisco Golden State Beer Porcelain Bottle Top - excellent condition

I can't find much info on the last 3 items. How rare are these porcelain bottle tops?

Mayhem

Attachments

• Porcelain A.JPG
    Porcelain A.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • Porcelain C.JPG
    Porcelain C.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 109
  • Porcelain D.JPG
    Porcelain D.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • Porcelain E.JPG
    Porcelain E.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 109
  • Porcelain F.JPG
    Porcelain F.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 114
  • Porcelain G.JPG
    Porcelain G.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • Porcelain H.JPG
    Porcelain H.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
  • Porcelain I.JPG
    Porcelain I.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 112

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm only marginally familiar with pot lids, but I know enough to recognize that as a fantastic price to have paid for those! I would have paid that in a heartbeat. Even if they were all commons it would be a great price, and I don't think they all are, at least not the bear's grease. Something I really like about those bear's grease lids is that almost all of them seem to have been designed by people who had only a vague idea of what a bear actually looks like.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp