scotish bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RC

Reaction score
this bottle was found in a central american jungle. and is belived to have been brought there by the first british explorer. the markings are as... on the side it reads; Symington& Cos - pure coffee essence - Edinburgh the bottom has the number 1760 on it. i was wondering how old it is. and any other info on it.

thanks.

i tried to upload photos but they wont work, any help. they are well under the 2000k limit.

heres the link.....

http://www.crepinsekphoto.com/scotish_bottle.html

RC

Reaction score
i tried that, i just keep getting a message say there was an error putting the file on the disk. maybe when i get the time i'll put them up on a page and link it.

RC

Reaction score
heres alink to see the photos of the bottle.

http://www.crepinsekphoto.com/scotish_bottle.html

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
The Coffee Essence bottle fits into the date range 1890 - 1915. Coffee essence was very popular in Britain and elsewhere from the mid 19th century onwards. The number on the base not a date: it's a manufacturers code number, probably a mold number.
The most common type of British coffee essence bottle is Patersons Camp Coffee, from Glasgow, but there were many, many other manufacturers. I don't recall seeing this one before, but the general type would be most likely to turn up on sites in the UK dating 1900 - 1910.
Hope this helps.
DBD

GuntherHess

Reaction score
If it was an American bottle I would guess of a date of around 1870-1880 but obviously its not american made. Scottish glass making techniques may have lagged behind, I really dont know enough about Scottish glassmaking to say for sure.

RC

Reaction score
thanks guys.

does anyone have a guesstament on the worth of a bottle like this?

deep blue digger said there was some uk sites that might help. can you point me to one?

TROG

Reaction score
Hi R C,

The Symingtons coffee bottle dates from around 1900 - 1915 and is a very common houshold type bottle found here in Australia. To be honest over here you would be unlikely to sell one because of being so common and I personally would have re buried over the years maybe a hundred or more of these bottles .

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1