Screw top versus a cap changed when?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Did you find any other bottles like Beers or Sodas? LEON.

sunrunner

Reaction score
I would not mess with any of these kind of bottles unless you what to build a house . there's just to many of them. the early Hines or pride of the farm are a lot more interesting .

Seaswood

Reaction score
Pepsi still has the cap on it, although it was one of those that got sand burnt, Pepsi Co no return no deposit.

yes these are probably mid 19 century of interest as they were buried in the sand of which has been getting washed away by winter storms
i have a friend whom has found much older examples same area.
i just do not find those yet.

ulpilotrmh

Reaction score
This is typical of any bottle formed on a modern bottle making machine. The gob of glass is first formed on one side of the machine in a type of mold (the blank) that forms the glass into a shape (the parison) that basically determines the distribution of glass in the mold. When the parison is swung to the mold side of the machine it is not uncommon for the parison to swing due to centrifugal force. Due to the speed at which the machine is working, the parison might not have time to recenter it self before the compressed air inflates the glass into the mold. The circular mark is the seam between the blank and the baffle (the separate part that forms the bottom of the parison).

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown