seller-220chad

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
WELL I got cheated on ebay for the 1st time! I paid $25 [this includes ,registered mail & postage] for "Here is an unusual cornflower blue rumford chemical works" RIGHT, TRY THE SAME OLE TEAL GREEN COLOR ! This person had some slowness in his feed back ,but nothing like this! He has not left me feedback yet ,though he got the money on the 20th last month. If some one could advise me on where to go from here I would THANK YOU SO MUCH! $25 is a lot to me! I don't know if I should contact him 1st or ebay.He had a 7 day return on the item,but now I am wondering from when to when. I believe he is watching for me to do something 1st and that is why no feed back. HELL HE COULD BE COLORBLIND ,BUT I DON'T THINK SO! Same old story of creative picture taking as the picture he showed made the bottle look great! HELP! ITEM NO. 280207044695 THE ONLY THING I WANT IS TO KNOW IS IF ANYONE HAS BEEN DONE THIS ROAD BEFORE ,DO I CONTACT THE PERSON OR EBAY 1ST. THANKS! I contacted the dealer and told him I had gotten bottle and was waiting feed back ,he has now given me feed back: " Lighting fast payment. A pleasure to deal with. THANKS !!!" now what do I do?

Jim

Reaction score
It can't hurt to politely let him know that you're not satisfied and why. If the 7 days are up, it will be up to him whether or not he will take it back for a refund. If I were the seller, I would do it. To me, 25 bucks isn't worth having a dissatisfied customer, but everyone is different.

As far as getting eBay to do anything in this instance, you would probably have better luck getting a Congressional hearing on it [:D]. I have alerted them of a well-known and well-documented scammer several times, and the guy's still selling the same junk [:mad:]. Good luck, I hope you are able to get satisfaction somehow. ~Jim

glass man

Reaction score
MAY be I went about this wrong ,I just want to know what to do .I know this could become a he said/he said .I just want find out what the resolution should be and I would like my money back so I can get another bottle as it may be a long time before I can afford another! I have no anger in my heart,just dissapoint ment![:(] I have kept all pertainate messages regarding this sale. I had a dought this sell ,because some of his feed back stated he was slow and did not readily get back to people but,I have had that great a problem with him doing this.

idigjars

Reaction score
Hi Jamie. I agree with Jim. Politely contact the seller and let them know that the bottle in no way agrees with the color description or pic. Wait a day, if nothing resend the email. If you get no satisfaction then contact ebay and let them know that the seller has misrepresented the item with photographs and description.

It might be an honest mistake as you say and the person just doesn't know color?

I will share one similar transaction I had with you. I usually use paypal with my debit card to pay for things. On one occasion last summer a seller agreed to take back a damaged item that was listed as perfect and then they would send back my money.

I sent back the fruit jar, and sent an email and waited, nothing. I then saw the same jar listed on ebay. I then contacted ebay who referred me to Paypal and Paypal froze the guys account. That got the sellers attention, received a reply the same day and I got my money back within 3 days.

Just sharing my experience. Good luck with your transaction Jamie. I know it's disheartening but have some faith and work the system. Best regards Paul

GuntherHess

Reaction score

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280207044695&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D280207044695%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

It doesnt look cornflower on my moniter, it looks more like teal.
Doubt its any kind of scam, just a different idea of what color is what.
He says he has a 7 day return policy , you should try to take advantage of that.
I think I have bought items from him before and didnt have a problem.

spyder

Reaction score
I would contact the seller first before doing anything. I read over his feedback and it seems that he does make good.......when buyers are not happy. His neg feedback is from taking to long to ship. As far as the 7 days, it is from the time you receive the item. It doesn't look cornflower blue on my computer either. Looks teal!

glass man

Reaction score
THANK YA'LL! THE bottle still looks blue to me on my screen,definatly not the usual color of a rumford! And the bottle I got, in no way looks like the bottle I won on ebites! PLUS HE IS THE ONE WHO SAID THE BOTTLE IS CORNFLOWER BLUE.HOLD A TEALGREEN RUMFORD NEXT TO IT AND THEN SAY THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR ! I have a mint rumford and wanted this to different than the other.

T D

Reaction score
I hate to be the stick in the mud here by giving you more advise than you asked for, but am I reading the same feedback as everyone else? There are several negatives due to not sending until paypal was involved and several neutrals due to the same problem. This is not just a case of slow shipping, I see a pattern with a 97.7 rating in nearly 300 transactions. I will stay away from someone that has a repeat of the same preventable problem. I know it's not as easy for some to ship promptly as others, but how many times have you had things shipped out the next day and had them at your house two or three days later? All this was said to prevent this from happeining in the future. I agree with all the others, send a nice email telling him your problem, wait a couple of days, then contact paypal. There are too many reputable ebayers out there selling quality stuff quickly, packaged well, and as described. If I just had to have a bottle from a questionable dealer I would ask a ton of questions, and if he didn't answer (sounds like this guy wouldn't) then it would be too bad...so sad but no bid from me, unless it was worth the 25 dollar gamble. I have had two positive experiences out of 130 + trouble free transactions with paypal. The first, paypal was contacted and within a couple of hours I had a response from the seller (a first time seller, another thing I try to avoid) and the bottle was shipped and received within a week. The second, I had two or three emails from a very reputable dealer, then nothing. I contacted paypal, went through the whole process, never heard another word, but eventually had the whole amount deposited into my account. I still don't know what happened....Be patient, and good luck! I'm going to bed now, starting to get punch drunk, have to get up at 6:30.......

cc6pack

Reaction score
Jamie

All you're going to get back is what you paid for the bottle($13.50) less what it costs you to ship it back, it's in his return policy. With his feedback and descriptions there's no way I would have bid on any of his auctions.

glass man

Reaction score
I THINK ALL! IT IS SO GOOD TO HAVE A PLACE TO COME TO AND GET HELP! THE GUY WILL TAKE THE BOTTLE BACK ,BUT ASKS OVER AND OVER WHAT IS WRONG > IT IS NOT CORN FLOWER BLUE AND THE FRONT OF THE BOTTLE IS STAINED TO HIGH HEAVEN! WHAT PART OF THAT CAN HE NOT UNDER STAND?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu