SF Transbay Terminal Site Visit and photolink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
Hey Everyone,
I made some time this afternoon to visit the San Francisco Transbay Terminal site where the Archaelogical firm of WSA had uncovered and made a nice display of the recently found artifacts.

Here's a link to the photos I took at the lobby display and even through the fence of one of the dig sites today. See photo 8 and 9 in the link. This is most likely WSA researchers looking for substructures(privies and historically significant finds)

As much as I rather be on the site looking for bottles than them, I must say that WSA put a good deal of time into the display...I enjoyed it.

Here's the link to the photos I took today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7153813@N07/sets/72157628599190691/

Oh and the good news is that I'll be a part of the site work very soon as both Caltrans and my parent company have a role in the future work!

Thanks,
Doug

Dugout

Reaction score
I enjoyed the walk through.
Have fun on your adventure and keep us posted.

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
Hey Steve,
One time in 1998-1999(Before I was into the bottle hobby) I was one of the consultants on a site in the financial district of SF when the contractor uncovered the hull of a goldrush ship long buried over.(I have pictures from that site, I just haven't been able to find where I put them yet)

There are a number of ships that are known to exist right under current highrises but until those building come down they can't be explored.
In most cities you would have to wait a long time before a building comes down, but in San Francisco each year several buildings are torn down to make way for a newer better one.

Glad you liked the history,
Doug

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Wow - just imagine doing a basement dig and breaking into the hull of a ship!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1