Shards........

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Shards from Wednesdays privy 1790s-1830s Looks like some cool things will be going back together from this pit.

Chris

DAC6A53584F54EADA2690EB964F059DB.jpg

Attachments

• DAC6A53584F54EADA2690EB964F059DB.jpg
    DAC6A53584F54EADA2690EB964F059DB.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 43

tigue710

Reaction score
puzzles rock! Gotta ask, whats the square? Guessing that came out of another pit?

What do you do with all the reconstructions Chris?

baltbottles

Reaction score
The squares in the back are those iron pontiled hostetters from a couple weeks back. I haven't figured out what i want to do with them yet.

As for the reconstructions we usually split them up among the group of us that dug the pit. I have several hundred early ceramic pieces now they make for a great ceramic collection without paying the prices this stuff goes for perfect. I also have a friend I trade broken things to in exchange for ceramic restoration work. The broken ceramics can often be better then the bottles of similar age. I have most of mine displayed in my office but its about full so I'm planning to start filling another room soon.

Chris

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Oh my god Chris... That is some fantastic stuff. Can't wait to see it reconstructed. Dare I say it, I'm as entranced by pottery as I am by bottles!

baltbottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Oh my god Chris... That is some fantastic stuff. Can't wait to see it reconstructed. Dare I say it, I'm as entranced by pottery as I am by bottles!

When I first started digging I used to put all the broken stuff back in the pit. Then I started digging with a few oldtimers that saved everything. It wasn't until we dug an 1820s pit that had a London mustard a black glass cylinder and a 3 piece break historical transfer saucer were the only finds and I ended up with 3rd pick and took the broken saucer because it was all that was left a couple days later I washed the broken saucer and saw it had great American eagles with shields on them transferred onto the saucer. I ended up researching the mark on the back and found that the saucer dated from 1818 to 1826 and after that I was hooked on early ceramics.

Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac