Sharing Bottle Sites

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
I'm curious to find out how many of us share the location of their dig sites? Personally, I do not. I made that mistake once and it cost me quite a few treasures I'm sure... they stripped it dry.

Screwtop

Reaction score
I really don't care. I'll name the general vcinity, but that's about it. There's several spots in Schuylkill county PA I search, mostly around the Ashland area, and on private property in Mariana PA. Nothing much around here.

RCO

Reaction score
some of the public docks I've checked around , it was sort of well known that I was searching around for things , but I never saw anyone else give it a try .

to most people it wouldn't be worth swimming around a dock just to try and find a bottle hidden in the sand

there seems to be more competition here for metal detector search areas , seen different people check beaches and such , some of the bigger beaches have been checked so many times , can't imagine there is anything there

Screwtop

Reaction score
some of the public docks I've checked around , it was sort of well known that I was searching around for things , but I never saw anyone else give it a try .

to most people it wouldn't be worth swimming around a dock just to try and find a bottle hidden in the sand

there seems to be more competition here for metal detector search areas , seen different people check beaches and such , some of the bigger beaches have been checked so many times , can't imagine there is anything there

Virginia is a mad house when it comes to detecting. Everyone has one, and everybody does it. In Pennsylvania, my grandfather and uncle cleaned out the county I search in pretty good.

RCO

Reaction score
Virginia is a mad house when it comes to detecting. Everyone has one, and everybody does it. In Pennsylvania, my grandfather and uncle cleaned out the county I search in pretty good.

I don't imagine there is any unchecked beaches here , although is likely still vacant lots and old farm properties which have never been checked , simply cause many of them entirely grew back and are entirely covered with trees and vegetation now , so it be hard for someone with a metal detector to search

I found an old dump that way a few years back , poking thru an old property I found on an old map , in a tree covered area got a metal hit , which was old nails but was actually a small dump , old whiskey bottles and such mixed in , but so well hidden you never would of though it was there

slugplate

Reaction score

I'm jealous of divers, LOL. I know for a fact there are places near me that hold some tasty bottles. The best time to dive them is late Fall and early Winter - less boat and human traffic. Personally, I have to wait for strong storms to wash them up. You certainly have a leg up on some of us that wait for the ocean, if you live near one, to cough up bottles. Thus why I've turned my attention to old dump sites.

RCO

Reaction score
I'm jealous of divers, LOL. I know for a fact there are places near me that hold some tasty bottles. The best time to dive them is late Fall and early Winter - less boat and human traffic. Personally, I have to wait for strong storms to wash them up. You certainly have a leg up on some of us that wait for the ocean, if you live near one, to cough up bottles. Thus why I've turned my attention to old dump sites.

I often wonder whats in deeper waters , I've only checked the areas close to the docks which were not that deep as I didn't have actual dive gear .

one of the areas I check was searched by a diver years ago and he found bottles but I didn't seem to have any trouble finding stuff there , read that in river locations currents and such can reveal hidden stuff that might not of been visible years earlier

I'd like to find a couple new dump sites to search in 2020 , in need of something new , like to find a pre 1940's dump site , as I seem to have trouble finding older dumps here , seems to be lots of 50's-60's even 70's dumps but nothing really old

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I often wonder whats in deeper waters , I've only checked the areas close to the docks which were not that deep as I didn't have actual dive gear .

one of the areas I check was searched by a diver years ago and he found bottles but I didn't seem to have any trouble finding stuff there , read that in river locations currents and such can reveal hidden stuff that might not of been visible years earlier

I'd like to find a couple new dump sites to search in 2020 , in need of something new , like to find a pre 1940's dump site , as I seem to have trouble finding older dumps here , seems to be lots of 50's-60's even 70's dumps but nothing really old

My uncle works with divers in New London, CT. He has told me stories of the divers going down in the Thames River and pulling out whole stoneware jugs and buckets of bottles constantly. I have also heard that there are still whale carcasses down there from its whaling city days. When my uncle is able to he persuades his diver friends to give some of their loot to me :)

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
My uncle works with divers in New London, CT. He has told me stories of the divers going down off the docks in the Thames River and pulling out whole stoneware jugs and buckets of bottles constantly. I have also heard that there are still whale carcasses down there from its whaling city days. When my uncle is able to he persuades his diver friends to give some of their loot to me :)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora