sherry wine bitters unusual mold markings what do you think?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Charlie01

Reaction score
Hi everyone I haven't posted anything in a few months and wanted to share a few of my new additions will start with this one the others will be posted under new the collections. I hope someone will be able to shed some light on these unusual mold markings on this open pontil clarke's sherry wine bitters. I think Red would be interested in this hope he get to see and comment of it.

Hope to see some of you at the new england show tomorrow

F5380C675CDF49659023086E6DF021D2.jpg
Hello, that's the "slug plate" mark left after the price was removed from the bottle. Cheaper to remove the price and add a new price that would be shown on the label...that way all they had to do when they wanted to change the price was print a new paper label. Voila...price change.!!

Charlie01

Reaction score
Here is another shot

6DC9CFC9094D442A865815AFA2E13041.jpg
Hello, Oldmill, I collect only Clarke's Bitters...see my Wanted AD in either Bottle Magazine and here on this website as well. If/when you decide to sell any of your Clarke's bottles would you please let me know. I live in Massachusetts not that far away from the southern Maine line. I'm always looking to add another Clarke's to my collection. Thanks for your consideration...to get in touch: my email is: cemartinjr@comcast.net...Thank you!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi