Sick of eBay shipping! What is the deal?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
the mailman will pick the package up for you
I wish. I signed a waiver so they can leave one the foyer on arrival but they will not pick up anything, that's complex apartment life I guess. If something is small enough, I can drop in the blue box a couple miles away. Otherwise it's about 6 or 8 miles to the next towns PO, mine doesn't have one. I don't sell much on ebay anymore but don't offer international when I do. Like was said before, it something is worth $20, why offer it if the shipping is that or more. Sure, there may be an interested party willing to pay the price but it's still too much of a headache for me.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
PoisonBottleGuy said:
I favorited a seller on eBay who has about 600 bottles in his store at all times. The guys name is Tom (Tom's Old Bottles) and he is awesome. I am able to pick up common poisons to add to my collection for $4-$10 and he only charges between $3.50 and $7 shipping. To make up for my distaste for shipping charges I usually buy a couple of bottles at a time. Then, it only seems like paying 1.75 for shipping. To be honest, I would rather scour antique stores, flea markets and that sort of deal, but I have only found about 3 poisons in months of searching. On Ebay they are a click away [:(]
Hello I have also had great dealings with Tom, He invited me to his house and let me go through his shed full of bottles and gave me some real good deals!! He has a great personal collection that he showed me while I was there. I bought 4 bottles from him prior to meeting him and the shipping was only 12.00 and change. Acts412Romans58 is his e-bay site, Check it out if you like good deals! Thanks, Kevin..

PoisonBottleGuy

Reaction score
lblackvelvet said:
PoisonBottleGuy said:
I favorited a seller on eBay who has about 600 bottles in his store at all times. The guys name is Tom (Tom's Old Bottles) and he is awesome. I am able to pick up common poisons to add to my collection for $4-$10 and he only charges between $3.50 and $7 shipping. To make up for my distaste for shipping charges I usually buy a couple of bottles at a time. Then, it only seems like paying 1.75 for shipping. To be honest, I would rather scour antique stores, flea markets and that sort of deal, but I have only found about 3 poisons in months of searching. On Ebay they are a click away [:(]
Hello I have also had great dealings with Tom, He invited me to his house and let me go through his shed full of bottles and gave me some real good deals!! He has a great personal collection that he showed me while I was there. I bought 4 bottles from him prior to meeting him and the shipping was only 12.00 and change. Acts412Romans58 is his e-bay site, Check it out if you like good deals! Thanks, Kevin..

Hey Kevin, It's the same Tom. The funny thing is, I opened my mailbox today, and low and behold, TWO new bottles from Tom. I can only imagine what his personal bottle shed looks like. Geeezzzzzz…...

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Yea Poisonbottleguy, Tom had boxes after boxes to look in. He set up two tables outside the shed and told me to put bottles I liked on the tables and he would quote prices when I was done looking. I think between my friend and me we bought around 30 bottles. He is a great guy to deal with, he gave both of us clay ink's when we left!!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I recently bought an old handled pint jug - made hand blown and completed with a lot of bottle making skill. I think it was a container for whiskey. I would like to find a couple more of them for comparison study. I wonder how this Tom seller could be contacted. RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis