Silver Foam - Sudbury Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
I remember drinking Dorans Soda as a kid. Used to walk to Bill's Corner Store in Sault Ste Marie and get a Dorans Soda and a day old jelly filled donut! In later years Dorans was owned by Northern Brewery and most old enough from Northern Ontario or the near north will remember Northern Ale.

RCO

Reaction score
a doran's bottle from Fort William / Port Arthur just appeared on ebay , same bottle just different city on back

dorans-fortwilliams.jpg
dorans-fortwilliams.jpg
dorans-fortwilliams1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
when looking thru my bottles realised that I have another variation of the embossed 6 oz bottle

this one is identical to the Dorans and Sudbury Brewing and Malting co . but says " Silver Foam " in circle and silver foam beverages along base

I'm assuming its also from Sudbury but my book also has a listing from North Bay for Silver Foam Beverages 1943-50 but don't recall them having an embossed bottle but have seen acl's for ginger ale but this bottle is for sure from Northern Ontario silverfoamN.JPG
DSC03469.JPG

silverfoamN.JPG
DSC03465.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
there are some younger bottle diggers from Sudbury who post some video's to you tube . they have found several of the Sudbury brewing and malting co version of the embossed bottle in there video's but never one that says silver foam

which leads me more in the direction that its from North Bay as the embossing matches the silver foam beverages name used there and listed in book but only seen ginger ale bottles from silver foam north bay but makes sense that they would of also had an embossed / clear bottle for there other flavours

Donas12

Reaction score
there are some younger bottle diggers from Sudbury who post some video's to you tube . they have found several of the Sudbury brewing and malting co version of the embossed bottle in there video's but never one that says silver foam

which leads me more in the direction that its from North Bay as the embossing matches the silver foam beverages name used there and listed in book but only seen ginger ale bottles from silver foam north bay but makes sense that they would of also had an embossed / clear bottle for there other flavours
I like that theory! Makes sense.

RCO

Reaction score
I like that theory! Makes sense.

I'm pretty sure silver foam - North Bay would of had other flavours than ginger ale and I haven't seen any clear acl bottles .

the digger from Sudbury seemed to find the Sudbury brewing and malting co bottle often so it was being used heavily in the Sudbury area but none of the embossed bottles he found said silver foam or had same embossing as one I posted

so pretty sure the silver foam embossed bottle is from north bay not Sudbury

Reelpro

Reaction score
;Hi
Just joined site when I found posts about Silver foam ginger ale, I was looking for any info on value.

I am selling an estate collection of bottles, a couple are Silver foam Ginger ale and Old Purple Sudbury Brewery

I have about 500-600 bottles and a few hundred glass insulators , trying to find values to sell them,

any suggestions for valuation other than eBay ?

thx mike

Reelpro

Reaction score
A couple pics

Attachments

• EAB02651-621C-4E5C-8674-2682B629457B.jpeg
    EAB02651-621C-4E5C-8674-2682B629457B.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 139
  • BA529376-FE35-4853-B29A-91D53F9D6820.jpeg
    BA529376-FE35-4853-B29A-91D53F9D6820.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 112

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
;Hi
Just joined site when I found posts about Silver foam ginger ale, I was looking for any info on value.

I am selling an estate collection of bottles, a couple are Silver foam Ginger ale and Old Purple Sudbury Brewery

I have about 500-600 bottles and a few hundred glass insulators , trying to find values to sell them,

any suggestions for valuation other than eBay ?

thx mike
First off welcome to the forum. Dario can help with your insulator questions. anything else can be posted in the wanted to sell area of this forum. Would love to see what you have. Lots of knowledgeable collectors that know prices, etc.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis