Silver Springs Water Co. Ginger Ale Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

48Chief

Reaction score
Hello,

Here is the other bottle. Just about 30 years ago, a golf course that opened in the mid 20's in Livonia Michigan closed. It was called Northville Golf Club, though it was not in Northville. It had a club house on the corner of 7 mile and Newburgh that had not been really used for many years. After it was sold and scheduled to be knocked down, my dad and I went to explore. In the basement was a bar, and behind it we found two ginger ale bottles amid a sea of empty modern gin bottles. This is the other bottle, from the Silver Springs Water Co. with offices in Detroit and Northville Michigan. Northville had an artesian well that the company used for its water. See the link below for a little more information on that.

The label is not quite as interesting as the Cavalier one, but the colors are nice and it has that 20's/30's look to it. Of special interest to me was the local connection in Northville. The Northville Historical Society may have more information on the company, I'm not sure. I'm reaching out to them.

The bottle is green glass with a capital H in a square. The side of the base has a 2 on it for I assume the 2nd cavity. Not sure. I will try to include a pic of the parting line, as it was sloppier than I expected.

If anyone has information on the Silver Springs Water Co., I'd be interested.

https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=137902

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4264.jpg
    IMG_4264.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_4263.jpg
    IMG_4263.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220

hemihampton

Reaction score
Interesting Cool Story. I don't know much about the actual company But I do have a few Bottles from them. 2 different Gallon water bottles. I think 2 different 1920's Art Deco Soda Water Bottles & this Quart size Paper Label Bottle pictured below. LEON.
SilverSpringsNothville.JPG

48Chief

Reaction score
Sweet, glad to hear there are more bottles out there. That bottle looks great! If you have pics of the other bottles, would love to see them as well.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'll try to get pics of the 2 gallons tomorrow but I have no idea where the other 2 deco bottles are, I've got hundreds & hundreds of Bottles boxed up & they are in there somewhere? Welcome to the site. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a Pic of one I dug out from under a burned out Crack House in Detroit by Detroit's City Airport about 2 Years ago. It's my 3rd one, I already had it so it's a extra Trader if your looking for one? LEON.
SilverSpringBottleCloseup.JPG
SilverSpringBottle.JPG
SilverSpringHouse.JPG

48Chief

Reaction score
Hemihampton and Bottle Bud, thanks a lot! The picture of the bottle and how you got it is great! The newspaper clipping is awesome. Thanks!

I'm in process of donating my Silver Springs bottle to the Northville Historical Society. I contacted their archivist, and he's interested in adding it to their collection.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I didn't know Northville had a Historical Society, I'd like to check that out sometime but nowadays everything like that seems to be closed due to the covid virus. Maybe next year? Nice of you to donate. Here's a pic of my 2 Gallons & pic of 2 Seltzers. Don't know where my 2 Deco Bottles are? LEON.
SilverSprings4Bottles.JPG

48Chief

Reaction score
Thanks for pic, Wonder if Building still standing? I might drive by & look for it. Leon.

Hi Leon,
Looked on google maps street view. There is a building at that address, but it doesn’t look the same.
By the way, your bottles are beautiful! The North Historical Society is at Mill Race Village. They are closed due to Covid right now.

Thanks, Dana

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi