Simnacher's Kidney-Specific

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CeeJayEll

Reaction score
I recently acquired from a local junk shop a curious patent medicine bottle I have not been able to identify. It's a pre-1900 clear bottle with panels on the front and both narrow sides. The lettering is all in upper-case and the embossing is quite sharp. It has a cork top, and the bottle is 9 inches tall. I am attaching a mediocre photo for reference.

I wonder if this bottle could be related to the career of one Joseph C. Simnacher of Franklinville, NY, who was a registered pharmacist starting in the late 19th century and might possibly have done some "snake-oil" business on the side?

Any information plus estimated value would be very helpful and much appreciated!

EBE3130CE1E94943AB9ADAF52A024104.jpg

Attachments

• EBE3130CE1E94943AB9ADAF52A024104.jpg
    EBE3130CE1E94943AB9ADAF52A024104.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 63

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, is it a Kidney Specific? I can't see anything with that pic, the bottle almost disappears into that background... It's not listed in the Medicine Bottle Nexus so I'm gonna send Matt a link to this post...Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I recently acquired from a local junk shop a curious patent medicine bottle
Local shops and dumps are the best place to find stuff like that so if you are local to the shop I'd say probably.
might possibly have done some "snake-oil" business on the side?
Many local pharmacies made there own stuff. Heck, some probably just had bottles made and put other meds like Kilmers in them.[:D] There wasn't much in the way of regulating that.

CeeJayEll

Reaction score
Yes, it says Simnacher's on the first line and Kidney-Specific on the second line, which is indented to the right. There are no other markings of any kind on the bottle.

CeeJayEll

Reaction score
I found the bottle in central VA, which is where I live, so somehow this thing made it some distance from NY, if in fact the pharmacist I mentioned did market it. So there must have been some of these around at one time, I'd think.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi