Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Simple cleaning that worked for me.

WesternPA-collector

Mar 10, 2018
Connellsville, PA
I bought the cleaner at the Dollar tree for a buck. And bought some copper wire at Home Depot for 0.66 cents a foot. Cut the wire up into little pieces. I put some cleaner in the bottle along with the copper pieces and shook it for about 20 minutes.
Nice idea. I'll have to look for that at Dollar Tree. I also like their Oxygen Orange Cleaner.

HeadBasher77

Jan 5, 2020
Great ideas and perspectives. I like the clean look for some and a very for others. I just started collecting Bottles a month ago or so.

relic rescuer

Feb 2, 2016
I bought the cleaner at the Dollar tree for a buck. And bought some copper wire at Home Depot for 0.66 cents a foot. Cut the wire up into little pieces. I put some cleaner in the bottle along with the copper pieces and shook it for about 20 minutes.
I made a little pouch out of Scotch Brite filled with BBs, and stapled it together, and a stack of 5 or 6 Neodymium disc magnets, with piece of velcro stuck to the ends. With just a drop of Dawn dish
WP_20200115_12_07_51_Raw.jpg
soap, and it removes all but the most stubborn etching, which you can't do anything about anyway.

embe

Jul 14, 2019
What is the purpose of magnets and velcro (if you don't mind a question)?

iggyworf

Mar 13, 2013
S.E. Michigan
I have also cut up electric wire in little bits to do this but never got those kind of results. I will have to try again! Nice work!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bernie19