sky blue help asap

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

creeper71

Reaction score
I think I found a light sky blue to sky blue mason's patent nov 30th 1858 qt jar does anyone have this exact jar to show me a pics so I can see the exact shades? I need a reply asap as this is still waiting a a antquie store for me to buy,cause if it is a sky blue it is dirt cheap but if it is ball blue it is way over priced...

Baydog51

Reaction score
Try this link:

http://www.hoosierjar.com/colorguide.html

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Baydog51

Try this link:

http://www.hoosierjar.com/colorguide.html
Thank you for this link, but I already was there before I posted here an it is confusing me more.. I was hoping someone could post a pic of a sky blue to light sky blue/cornflower blue held in the light for me to see the differnce ..

coreya

Reaction score
welcome to the world of colors and jars, there have been conversations adnauseum about the difference in color from one jar to another with no definitive outcome. Best advise I can give on sky blue is go outside, look up and if its a clear day, there you go. The other is get a box of I believe 64 crayons look for the sky blue one. The other thing you can do is take a regular blue Ball perfect mason with you and compare the colors.

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: coreya

welcome to the world of colors and jars, there have been conversations adnauseum about the difference in color from one jar to another with no definitive outcome. Best advise I can give on sky blue is go outside, look up and if its a clear day, there you go. The other is get a box of I believe 64 crayons look for the sky blue one. The other thing you can do is take a regular blue Ball perfect mason with you and compare the colors.
best way I can describe it is ..it is very light blue almost clear with a darker blue around the base..it's not aqua it is blue

creeper71

Reaction score
Anyone know what I described is a sky blue?

ajohn

Reaction score
Might be a little late in a reply,but just in case.I've posted pics of "SKY BLUE" jars in the past,but I don't know how to go back and find them.I just bought a new camera so today's project (besides eating way too much) will be getting frustrated and maybe posting some new pics.
To try to describe "SKY BLUE" alls I can say is if you're not sure of the color, it's not "SKY BLUE" .The color is profound and undeniable.

ajohn

Reaction score
PS. your jar sounds more like a light teal.
Is the jar a CFJCo jar?

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ajohn

PS. your jar sounds more like a light teal.
Is the jar a CFJCo jar?
it's a Mason's patent nov 30th with underscore 1858 block letters I don't think it's teal

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown