Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Small collection but curious about one bottle

ckjbottleneck

Apr 20, 2021
Hi I have a small collection of bottles ( around 70 ) that are varied in type, size, color and brand. My question is in regards to one bottle : Lord, Diehl, Danbury also marked Memphis Tenn on front and has a large “ D “ on reverse of bottle. I know this company changed names many times. Searching online I usually see Diehl before the name Lord and don’t find the Danbury name much at all. I think this is known as a “blob and hutch “ type bottle? And I beleive this is a more sought after bottle? In production in what years?
0D6AA235-84BB-4888-B1EE-CB064EFB5736.jpeg

logan.the.collector

Dec 24, 2020
Tupper Lake, NY
Hi I have a small collection of bottles ( around 70 ) that are varied in type, size, color and brand. My question is in regards to one bottle : Lord, Diehl, Danbury also marked Memphis Tenn on front and has a large “ D “ on reverse of bottle. I know this company changed names many times. Searching online I usually see Diehl before the name Lord and don’t find the Danbury name much at all. I think this is known as a “blob and hutch “ type bottle? And I beleive this is a more sought after bottle? In production in what years? View attachment 223882
That is indeed a Hutchinson bottle. The design was patented in 1879 and used into the early 1900s. Your bottle appears to be 1890s to me. Other than that, I am not sure about the company. I'm from NY so my main knowledge base is for bottles up east. Wish I had more info. Very cool hutch though.

ckjbottleneck

Apr 20, 2021
there is a sire called hutchbook.com , did you check to see if its listed there ? it lists most of the hutch bottles
Interesting site. Everything that I see is in B/W
Also unless I’m searching wrong it doesn’t show up?

nhpharm

Apr 24, 2007
I believe TN0103 and TN0103.5 are the same mold, just in different colors. Since yours is not apple green, I think it is TN0103.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dre924