Small collection but curious about one bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ckjbottleneck

Reaction score
Hi I have a small collection of bottles ( around 70 ) that are varied in type, size, color and brand. My question is in regards to one bottle : Lord, Diehl, Danbury also marked Memphis Tenn on front and has a large “ D “ on reverse of bottle. I know this company changed names many times. Searching online I usually see Diehl before the name Lord and don’t find the Danbury name much at all. I think this is known as a “blob and hutch “ type bottle? And I beleive this is a more sought after bottle? In production in what years?
0D6AA235-84BB-4888-B1EE-CB064EFB5736.jpeg

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
Hi I have a small collection of bottles ( around 70 ) that are varied in type, size, color and brand. My question is in regards to one bottle : Lord, Diehl, Danbury also marked Memphis Tenn on front and has a large “ D “ on reverse of bottle. I know this company changed names many times. Searching online I usually see Diehl before the name Lord and don’t find the Danbury name much at all. I think this is known as a “blob and hutch “ type bottle? And I beleive this is a more sought after bottle? In production in what years? View attachment 223882
That is indeed a Hutchinson bottle. The design was patented in 1879 and used into the early 1900s. Your bottle appears to be 1890s to me. Other than that, I am not sure about the company. I'm from NY so my main knowledge base is for bottles up east. Wish I had more info. Very cool hutch though.

ckjbottleneck

Reaction score
That is indeed a Hutchinson bottle. The design was patented in 1879 and used into the early 1900s. Your bottle appears to be 1890s to me. Other than that, I am not sure about the company. I'm from NY so my main knowledge base is for bottles up east. Wish I had more info. Very cool hutch though.
Ok thanks for your reply and information.

nhpharm

Reaction score
It's listed on there...TN0103. Classed as Rare, but take that with a grain of salt.

ckjbottleneck

Reaction score
there is a sire called hutchbook.com , did you check to see if its listed there ? it lists most of the hutch bottles
Interesting site. Everything that I see is in B/W
Also unless I’m searching wrong it doesn’t show up?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I believe TN0103 and TN0103.5 are the same mold, just in different colors. Since yours is not apple green, I think it is TN0103.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown