Snow is finally melting here but no finds yet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
seemed like the most boring winter ever here with covid was literally nothing to do and hasn't been a bottle show here since 2019 . the 2020 shows were cancelled due to covid and nothing yet if there will be anything later this year or not . the antique malls/stores have re-opened but finds at them were thin , not a lot of new bottles appearing

but at least the snow finally started to melt this week , is still snow here but a lot less . not really any finds yet . anything I've found or seen is pretty modern just beer cans , beer bottles or pop cans from last year , yesterday I noticed 2 twisted tea cans appeared in the snow in the ditch by our house , amazing how much modern stuff appears each spring when the snow melts here .
did find a coca cola no deposit in some leaves but its pretty common here .

but did do some research during the winter and have a couple new sites I plan to check out in the coming weeks > april as the snow melts entirely and those areas are ready to poke thru . so hopefully will find something later on , will post anything interesting that I find

RCO

Reaction score
will mention that I have learned a lot this winter , did some incredible research in old newspapers and found some advertisements I never though I'd view .

there was a lot of interesting stuff appear online , sites like ebay or marketplace but prices were often too high or I couldn't make deals with the sellers so I didn't end up buying much of anything

RCO

Reaction score
poked around on Saturday and another day this week but pretty much just saw modern stuff ( tons of beer cans , plastic bottles even large glass vodka bottles out there but rarely anything old ) , mostly checking near roads or wooded areas near them .

did find an aluminum " Molson golden " can which cleaned up well

in a wooded area near a road found 4 metal pop cans but all were too rusted to clean ( pepsi , coke , cplus and Fanta - ginger ale )

also found a green made in Canada beer bottle

in another spot found a pepsi no deposit and oddly near it was a broken hemingray insulator , think there could be other items there but was too wet to check it all

20210327_192136.jpg
20210330_151103.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
made a couple more finds , found a milk jug , it was near an old railway stop but appears to be plain and no name or markings on it

later on I also came across a small dump at another spot which I will post tomorrow

20210402_162231.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky