Some Bottle Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearfan

Reaction score
These bottles were taken from the same dig at my mother n laws last year. I do not know anything about them. Maybe you guys know more. The Tall rectangle bottle has a 3viii emossed at the top. On the bottom of this bottle emssed is a 6 then a square with a 0 in the middle of it, then a 5 inside of a circle. The small rectangle bottle has mossed No. 2 at the top and made in usa at the bottom. The bottle with the ridges on the sides has embossed on the bottom, TUSSY made in USA. I think the green bottle is a prune bottle. So tell me people, does this site hold more potential? These were all found on the surface and just below, not very deep digging went on, rookie. I will be bringing Maine Digger with me on my next dig, and then we will know I guess. Having fun with it all. BTW for those of you involved with the infamous apothecary bottles, I took your suggestions. I removed everything and am listing them as inkwells.[:)] Take care all.
JOHN

bottles78.JPG

Maine Digger

Reaction score
John, these are definately post 1900, but where there's smoke there's fire. You said the homestead is 200 years old, so likely there's some older finds waiting to be discovered. You're on to the more recent stuff on the surface, we'll take a look below it when we get there - looking forward to it. I think it might be a good idea to 'scout' around the property, there might be some other spots with potential.

IRISH

Reaction score
That dark green ring seal may be 1900s'ish, if it's got a deep kick-up in the base ie= deep enough you can stick your finger in the bottom of it, it may well be older.
They are not worth anything those bottles but they are a very good "indicator" that a spot is worth digging [;)] .

bearfan

Reaction score
Well that Dark green bottle does have an upkick. I like the term btw! LOL As far as potential Norm here is something to chew on for a bit. A couple hundred yards from this site there is a stone wall. Beyound the stone wall there used to stand a home. The home was occupied by the people that are in the grave on a small hill overlooking the stonewall. The Grave dates from the very early 1800's. There was a cellar hole near buy where the house once stood. It has since been filled in. I think you are going to be in Heaven when you see this place. Just in case you are not this little water hole is down the dirt road from the house, We spend most of our summers there camping and enjoying my favorite art, FISHING! [8D]
camp.JPG

OH And BTW, It is a Private camp, We have the Only Land Access---All Of This I mention is on the same property!! Owned by My Sweet Dear Lovable Mother in Law!! I do really love her, not being sarcastic here, She Is a beautiful Lady!
Here is One More Pic:
camp2.JPG

David E Dearden

Reaction score
John, the square with an O inside is Owens 1911 to 1929, don't know what other numbers are for except usually ID a plant or mold.
Not to sure on this one but recall that in 1921 anything made outside the USA had to say "Made In" don't know if USA imposed this on itself.

Dave

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis