Some bottles I made trade for.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tsalz14

Reaction score
The Werbelow's is a 1952 (I have another from 1946 that's close to my heart), and the green l'akeview is dated 1968. The clear one is from 1974.

tsalz14

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been collecting for a couple years now. It sure is a (good) disease!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Disease it is. Good-- depends on the severity and your controls. We enjoy it, but if it takes over our lives as it does to some....
$(KGrHqIOKjoE1rg(gI22BNiRJQOoH!~~_1.JPG

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Good Morning Robert.. We are getting ready to migrate north for the summer. It takes a couple weeks to decide what goes - and what doesn't. I am taking two NY bottles back north, and I think they will be taken to the local historical museum. I am trying to get them to set up a bottle display of old local business. There isn't much enthusiasm. I have to go up to try and sell some old things, like boats, old gas engines, an anvil and black smithing tools. Just stuff!!I have a lot of old demijohns, advertizing big bottles - that were window come-ons for the ladies desire to make her husband happy. Just stuff - that I have enjoyed. I have a lot of old tools, glass minnow traps, and fishing tackle. Even glass fly traps. My wife considers me as a pack rat. RED M.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
My Museum has shot the idea down as well when it comes to bottles. Yet they ask for local collectors to consider temporary display there with things pertaining to my town's history. You're not a pack rat, but you are a pack historian. [;)]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Bob, I find you often when I search the old posting subjects. I appreciate your participation and thoughts. This forum gets a lot of my time - and some people just help increase the twist. I haven't really figured out your main interest, except for your locals. Have you gotten into any mineral water bottles? or Ancient Age Gin bottles? I spend a fair amount of time looking for early glass items that were made of glass by hand and especially those that had to be tricky to make by hand.Glass items that had the threaded finish made in the mold - are really neat to get. I have collected a lot of early candy containers, like pipes and guns. Early fishing floats for lines and nets. Early three part molded glass items, like pitchers - and especially those with blob tops and shaped pouring lips or spouts; and applied handles. Glass Canes that were made for the Early American community parades are another specialty interest item I seek. I have been all over the world and spent a lot of time looking for odd glass items. The problems was carrying, shippint, and calculating value kept me from over indulging. But I smile with satisfaction over a lot of the things we have done in this lifetime. Have FUN!! RED M.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I typically try and jam-pack my posts with information. Thanks for the compliment. We also appreciate you, Red. The photo below is my only bottle that says it's Mineral Water: Speaking of glass canes, a member of the Church I go to appears to have one. I'm assuming it's Plexiglas, though.
Birthday%2B016.JPG
Click here to learn more on it. I believe "Jackson's Napa Soda Spring's" started in 1872.

splante

Reaction score
just in case your wondering......There is more consensus on the meaning of Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, but it turns out the consensus is wrong. In the 1920's, a reporter for The Webster Times, Lawrence J. Daly, wrote that it was a Nipmuck Indian word meaning "You fish on your side, I fish on my side and nobody fishes in the middle." That stuck even though Mr. Daly confessed repeatedly that he had made the whole thing up.The real meaning, said Paul Macek, a historian in Webster, a community of about 17,000 just northwest of where Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts intersect, is "English knifemen and Nipmuck Indians at the boundary or neutral fishing place."But today, a boat ride across the slate blue water makes one thing clear: this is no longer your English knifeman's Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado