Some Canadian soda ACL’s

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I need this one. Do you have it? Sell? Thanks,.

the Mcdonalds North Bay bottle , that picture looks like the 7 oz bottle , is also a clear and green 10 or maybe its 12 oz bottle its bigger than the smaller one .

there doesn't seem to be many of the smaller 7 oz around for some reason , I don't have or known of any extra . is more of the bigger ones around

new2bottles

Reaction score
the Mcdonalds North Bay bottle , that picture looks like the 7 oz bottle , is also a clear and green 10 or maybe its 12 oz bottle its bigger than the smaller one .

there doesn't seem to be many of the smaller 7 oz around for some reason , I don't have or known of any extra . is more of the bigger ones around
Has a thistle on the back! Keep any eye out for me? Thank you!
272A0667-ED3C-4CED-A917-031230844794.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score
ok that is the 7 oz one , found a picture of the green 12 oz bottle , it doesn't have the thistle on back but a very similar design , the clear and green 12 oz seem to be more common than the 7 oz

i'll keep an eye out for any art deco style bottles from Macdonalds Nbay but being winter and with covid cancelling our bottle shows I'm not really sure i'll come across much

macdonalds-green.jpg
macdonalds-green.jpg

brent little

Reaction score
15000.They where in a garage in Niagara Falls. The guy was a huge collector/hoarder. i also bought 11000 record albums. The building was 24 x24 and filled to the ceiling from the front to the back pretty much .It took 6 pickup truck and 21/2 ton trailer loads to bring it all home. one of the weirdest picks i have ever done.

RCO

Reaction score
15000.They where in a garage in Niagara Falls. The guy was a huge collector/hoarder. i also bought 11000 record albums. The building was 24 x24 and filled to the ceiling from the front to the back pretty much .It took 6 pickup truck and 21/2 ton trailer loads to bring it all home. one of the weirdest picks i have ever done.

anything interesting in the lot ? have to assume there'd be a lot of commons with that amount of volume of bottles . he must of just kept anything he found or could buy cheap . he likely wasn't buying expensive bottles

hoarding is kind of hard to explain or understand , I recall there used to be someone at our dump who'd take home anything from the free/donation bin even if it wasn't worth anything , he was always there taking stuff and who knows what he did with it

Donas12

Reaction score
have a couple of those bottles ( gray's Collingwood , Cleco and Sundial Aurora ) . couple others like Woodlond and Kik I have other bottles from the same brand but not the one you posted

seen the others before , only 1 bottle there I've never seen the Havelock , its got the same art deco style as others bottles I have but with an acl front . believe its from Sydney NS as I have a picture of a different Havelock bottle from there
Yes it’s from Nova Scotia. But picked it up out west in Alberta. Long way from its home. I really like the acl bottles such as this that have a lot of deco like design to it. This one is design registered 1931 embossed on the bottom. It’s a 6 oz. Seems like quite an early acl for Canada in general??

embe

Reaction score
11 thousand record albums? wow. That would have also made for some heavy lifting.

RCO

Reaction score
Yes it’s from Nova Scotia. But picked it up out west in Alberta. Long way from its home. I really like the acl bottles such as this that have a lot of deco like design to it. This one is design registered 1931 embossed on the bottom. It’s a 6 oz. Seems like quite an early acl for Canada in general??

there is a lot of people from Cape Breton who moved to alberta for work . there is a collector in Edmonton who specifically collects Cape Breton bottles and has a lot of them

that bottle wouldn't of been used in 31 , acl's weren't being used by then , that's just the date bottle was designed , it was likely used in the 40s or early 50's for a period of time before Havelock switched over to another bottle design

RCO

Reaction score
wanted to note that all the bottles in that art deco design are dated 1931 on bottom but many were used much later , its just a trade mark date .

I have a bottle similar to yours but from barrie Ontario , art deco design but acl front , the bottler its for didn't exist in 31 , only operated from mid 40's > mid 50's

Donas12

Reaction score
wanted to note that all the bottles in that art deco design are dated 1931 on bottom but many were used much later , its just a trade mark date .

I have a bottle similar to yours but from barrie Ontario , art deco design but acl front , the bottler its for didn't exist in 31 , only operated from mid 40's > mid 50's
Good to know. Thanks !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu