Some Canadian soda ACL’s

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
I need this one. Do you have it? Sell? Thanks,.View attachment 214998
Is this the bottle that has the Scottish Thistle embossed on the back? If so than I don't think that bottle is easy to find. It took me many years to find one. Based on the info on the bottom this design was registered in 1950. I have 12 different variations of Macdonald Beverage bottles and most have great designs
IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0600.JPG
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG
. The second example is a great look too.

new2bottles

Reaction score
Is this the bottle that has the Scottish Thistle embossed on the back? If so than I don't think that bottle is easy to find. It took me many years to find one. Based on the info on the bottom this design was registered in 1950. I have 12 different variations of Macdonald Beverage bottles and most have great designsView attachment 215037View attachment 215038View attachment 215039View attachment 215040View attachment 215041. The second example is a great look too.
I do feel lucky to have found the second one you show, which is in mint condition (see pic). I can actually buy the one with the thistle, albeit with a bad chip (so I’ll wait). Please be on the lookout for this bottle for me, as well as other weird Canadians, such as (see pics).
B822517B-55D5-46BD-8497-4457600E0607.jpeg
86E65D23-F47D-495F-AEEF-8D0B23BDB8A3.jpeg
155CDAD6-36EC-42E2-A44A-01E00D7D4ACD.jpeg
EA46BF9F-5EE7-45B1-8057-49FEBADAB636.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score
Is this the bottle that has the Scottish Thistle embossed on the back? If so than I don't think that bottle is easy to find. It took me many years to find one. Based on the info on the bottom this design was registered in 1950. I have 12 different variations of Macdonald Beverage bottles and most have great designs. The second example is a great look too.

I'm not sure why its so uncommon but agree its harder to find than the other macdonalds bottles , I have a number of different north bay bottles , many are clear but some are green for ginger ale . I even found my first cans from north bay the other day , for Temagami dry ginger ale

not sure why but never found either of the 2 bottles you posted in the wild even in broken condition , have found several other bottles from north bay in this area , this summer I found one for silver foam ginger ale off a dock here

I'm sure if there is a good dock to swim around for bottles in north bay you'd find some , that's how I found a lot of bottles here , mostly I'd find Browns beverages or coke though

RCO

Reaction score
I do feel lucky to have found the second one you show, which is in mint condition (see pic). I can actually buy the one with the thistle, albeit with a bad chip (so I’ll wait). Please be on the lookout for this bottle for me, as well as other weird Canadians, such as (see pics).

the embossed Macdonalds 30's era bottle is always desirable , you don't see it for sale much here . I have one that I bought a couple years ago but never found one in the wild yet

the Orange Dandy bottle is common , not sure why it be hard to find , pretty sure I could find one if I visited the right antique mall , not sure why there'd be none for sale online but keep in mind shipping is more $ expense here so sellers might only be posting more expensive bottles online and not listed ones only worth $10 or less

the Hamilton beverages bottles are pretty tough to find , I've never had one and don't even recall ever having the chance to buy one , only seen pictures of them online . that green 7 oz with red x is uncommon too , I don't recall seeing it before

new2bottles

Reaction score
ok that is the 7 oz one , found a picture of the green 12 oz bottle , it doesn't have the thistle on back but a very similar design , the clear and green 12 oz seem to be more common than the 7 oz

i'll keep an eye out for any art deco style bottles from Macdonalds Nbay but being winter and with covid cancelling our bottle shows I'm not really sure i'll come across much

View attachment 215013View attachment 215013
Do you know of this bottle, Dr. Sunny? How hard is it to obtain? Thanks.
2DBF7490-6010-4888-83F7-515A7437F025.jpeg

RCO

Reaction score
i don't have one , at first I didn't even think it was Canadian cause its not from Ontario . had to look thru my pictures and such . found 2 and 1 shows the back appears to be called " dr sunny beverages co ltd "

the bottle is from Quebec , a town called " grand mere " it doesn't appear to be that big , beside Shawinigan Quebec . I doubt its very common to come across , I've never seen 1 inperson , the picture likely came off ebay a couple years ago

drsunny-grandmereQU.jpg
drsunny-grandmereQU1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
was bored earlier and flipped thru facebook marketplace a site I don't normally look thru , was a box full of Macdonald's bottles in North Bay but only appeared to be 1 version .

an acl bottle called pop o'the north , never actually found one before and don't have one . don't think there that common but this guy had a box of them . but add disappeared later tonight so assume he sold them or pulled them off if he realised they were hard to find

I saved the picture from his add before he pulled it , can see they were in pretty good shape

popothenorth.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi