Some Decent Auction/Flea Market Finds of the Past

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rando

Reaction score
[font="comic sans ms,sans-serif"]Hey Gang,[/font][font="comic sans ms,sans-serif"]Doing some cleaning today and was reminded of the good 'ole days for me when I was working at the auctions and could clean up on bottles. I pretty much had a couple year span until people started to bid me up. Some would get hung with them, and some I had to pay more for, but still some wiggle room for my table stock.[/font]

rando

Reaction score
Ok, no pic, trying to upload and all got is flashing yellow dot for 5 minutes now!?! Am I doing something wrong? Well below file size requirements.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Rando, Glass products with a metal partial covering. I am looking for bottles and glass products that were blown in metal sleeves in such a way that the glass puffed through and stuck out with about a quarter inch protrusion from square or round or diamond shaped holes. Do you have anything like that? I don't know if anyone else see's this post - but if they do - I would like to hear from them also.RED Matthews

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
Hey Red, Do those diamonds look like they have an air bubble in them? I was just reading of a process where they would blow some glass through a diamond or round pattern mold then quickly blow some more material to form the bottle forming a "diamond air trap". Might work with those thin metal molds... DD

RED Matthews

Reaction score
No dumpdiver, the holes were punched in the metal shield, most are square and some are set with corner points up and down and to the sides. Some have little decorated patterns to the edges. The glass of the bottle sidewall just puffs out of the holes. I am trying to get some pictures posted. I know I read about them somewhere several years ago, but I can't find the text. Red Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi