Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Some finds from Peoria, Illinois

Drift

Dec 7, 2018
Peoria, IL
Funny how I read about so many finding marbles when dumping, I finally came across one while digging through a spot in my back woods that looks very much like the blue and white one you found back on the 13th (post #26)..... ;)
Did you post it? I have another that looks pretty similar but different. I'd love to find a lot more marbles than I do. I'm still working on filling my first half pint bottle with them. Makes you mad when you hear about somebody finding dozens in a day!

Drift

Dec 7, 2018
Peoria, IL
Dalton and I pulled out a few hundred whole ones today. I've been up since three and we dug from seven something in the morning until six something at night. I can post a few highlights tomorrow, my bed is calling.

Attachments

RoyalRuby

Oct 5, 2019
Buckeye State
Did you post it? I have another that looks pretty similar but different. I'd love to find a lot more marbles than I do. I'm still working on filling my first half pint bottle with them. Makes you mad when you hear about somebody finding dozens in a day!
No I didn't post about it, here's the one I found, it came from a dump that is mostly late 60's and mid 70's, so I'm figuring it would be from the same time period, but who knows how long it was in someone's possession before being thrown out.
20200921_041724.jpg

Drift

Dec 7, 2018
Peoria, IL
No I didn't post about it, here's the one I found, it came from a dump that is mostly late 60's and mid 70's, so I'm figuring it would be from the same time period, but who knows how long it was in someone's possession before being thrown out. View attachment 212136
Different than mine! Nice marble. Here's almost all of the ones I've found.

Attachments

Drift

Dec 7, 2018
Peoria, IL
Here's that Star bottle from Peru, IL I found a few days ago, an insulator and dry cleaner bottle Dalton dug a couple days ago, and an Arcana from Peoria. The Star and Arcana both have chips. I'm hopeful to dig better examples of those, but I'm still happy to have them! Dalton found a few really nice sodas and beers.

I've carried home a couple hundred of the rejects to sell and give away to hippies at the drum circle on Friday. Hoping to get back out to dig a few times this week.

Attachments

Drift

Dec 7, 2018
Peoria, IL
Oh, and the slick pictured is a blown Blue Ribbon flavoring extract from Peoria with just enough label left to identify it. And the original cork.

It would have said Oakford & Fahnestock Blue Ribbon Flavoring Extracts".

Drift

Dec 7, 2018
Peoria, IL
I poked around a little bit yesterday but I'm dealing with a huge cave in so didn't make much progress. I did pull three firsts though, so I consider it worth my while.

I dug an Ingram's Shaving Cream I had figured for a Vicks or Noxzema, a small corktop Phenique from St. Louis, and I eyeballed a cool glass olive jar lid from Spain on the way out.

Attachments

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abrister7