Some New Soda Additions...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
It has been pretty difficult adding to the collection this past year with lock downs and such. I was fortunate to get a couple bottles shipped and then meet up with fellow forum member @BillHaddo. This past week I wandered though an antique store for the first since last summer and that was fantastic. Here are few items I picked up over the past couple months. I was really happy with the Soo Falls embossed a 26oz Crush! IMG_0733.JPGIMG_0737.JPGIMG_0740.JPGIMG_0744.JPGIMG_0746.JPGIMG_0705.JPG20210228_101142.jpg20210228_101236.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice pick-ups! I've never seen most of these before. I like that Soo Falls beer, it looks a lot more like a soda than a typical beer.

JKL

Reaction score
Nice pick-ups! I've never seen most of these before. I like that Soo Falls beer, it looks a lot more like a soda than a typical beer.
I'm kinda leaning to the Soo Falls being a soda bottle. The bottle does not indicate brewery. The history I know is that Soo Falls was a brewery until the 1917 Ontario Temperance Act. Then in an attempt to stay in business produced soda and did so under the Soo Fall and Dorans names until around 1980. I'm pretty sure the Soo Fall beer bottles said brewing, at least I think I recall seeing that!! Here are a couple angles of this embossed front. Note the BRG. Co. Ltd. Another Soo Falls I have says Soo Falls Beverages in full.IMG_0733.JPGIMG_0735.JPGIMG_0736.JPG

Last edited:

Donas12

Reaction score
Those are some nice finds congrats!

Reactions: JKL

RCO

Reaction score
I'm kinda leaning to the Soo Falls being a soda bottle. The bottle does not indicate brewery. The history I know is that Soo Falls was a brewery until the 1917 Ontario Temperance Act. Then in an attempt to stay in business produced soda and did so under the Soo Fall and Dorans names until around 1980. I'm pretty sure the Soo Fall beer bottles said brewing, at least I think I recall seeing that!! Here are a couple angles of this embossed front. Note the BRG. Co. Ltd. Another Soo Falls I have says Soo Falls Beverages in full.View attachment 221228View attachment 221229View attachment 221230

soo falls is listed as a soda bottler in the Ontario bottle books but it might of been one of those places that did both , but it for sure did pop back then

not sure if there is certain bottles from them that were only for beer or only for pop , so it can be hard to figure out now what was used for each

RCO

Reaction score
the antique stores around here also re opened but when I went thru them a couple weeks ago I didn't find any bottles . haven't been to a lot of other regions of Ontario since march of last year , with covid too difficult to travel anywhere .

haven't found any metal soda cans since late last fall , I suppose I might some more when I can get back out there and explore some of the sites I've found here

iggyworf

Reaction score
Cool stuff! I like the dew can and the Pop People. Where is that one from?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi