Some New Soda Additions...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BillHaddo

Reaction score
Well I was out of the office today and decided to walk though a local antique market in St Jacobs Ontario.
I finally found a 12oz Webb's Stubby in near flawless condition.
@RCO has talked to the Uxbridge embossed and the Sudbury Bottling in previous posts.
I even found the 10oz version of the 30 oz Pop People bottle I posted 10 days ago.
The green and clear Cynar 7oz are new to me as is the Robinson's from Perth Ontario.
All the ACL were in great shape. After getting home I realized I left a 12oz Robertson Beverage from Mount Forest Ont thinking I had it but mine is a 7oz. Now I have to make a return trip
View attachment 222101View attachment 222102View attachment 222103View attachment 222104View attachment 222105
All are in great condition!Nice picks. The Uxbridge looks to be an embossed bottle that I have not seen from another bottler,the Sudbury looks to be identical to Doran 's bottles, they were probably owned by the same people. The Cynar are also notable, I have the 28 oz. but have not found the smalls yet.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: JKL

RCO

Reaction score
Well I was out of the office today and decided to walk though a local antique market in St Jacobs Ontario.
@RCO has talked to the Uxbridge embossed and the Sudbury Bottling in previous posts.
I even found the 10oz version of the 30 oz Pop People bottle I posted 10 days ago.
The green and clear Cynar 7oz are new to me as is the Robinson's from Perth Ontario.
All the ACL were in great shape. After getting home I realized I left a 12oz Robertson Beverage from Mount Forest Ont thinking I had it but mine is a 7oz. Now I have to make a return trip
View attachment 222101View attachment 222102View attachment 222103View attachment 222104View attachment 222105

have mentioned the Uxbridge beverages before , had 2 but sold 1 years ago and still have another bottle

only ever seen 1 bottle from them , the clear embossed version . don't really know a lot about them . never actually been to Uxbridge but been to Durham region many times before

but did a newspaper search and found some more info that i'll post later

Reactions: JKL

BillHaddo

Reaction score
Webb's Beverages had a nice" English Stone Ginger Beer " embossed bottle that I found this past year, probably produced prior to the a.c.l.s.
20210402_103604.jpg

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
Webb's Beverages had a nice" English Stone Ginger Beer " embossed bottle that I found this past year, probably produced prior to the a.c.l.s.View attachment 222606

Always wanted one of these even though I collect only art deco sodas-some ginger beers are very nice but just not my interest.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Always wanted one of these even though I collect only art deco sodas-some ginger beers are very nice but just not my interest.
I have a John Thompson distiller kentucky flask with dose cup that has the same web type embossing.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Donas12

Reaction score
Webb's Beverages had a nice" English Stone Ginger Beer " embossed bottle that I found this past year, probably produced prior to the a.c.l.s.View attachment 222606

This is one of my favourite bottles I have and also a tough one to find without any case wear. Displays so nice in natural sunlight. Always wondered if it’s Webb’s earliest bottle...

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
I'm wondering why the Webb's isn't considered an art deco. Maybe it's something i need to know!

JKL

Reaction score
I'm wondering why the Webb's isn't considered an art deco. Maybe it's something i need to know!
I would have thought it a deco bottle too. That stone ginger beer is a great looking bottle.
What about it would suggest it isn't. I ask for education only.

BillHaddo

Reaction score
I would have thought it a deco bottle too. That stone ginger beer is a great looking bottle.
What about it would suggest it isn't. I ask for education only.
The bottle has "design registered 1931" on the side, there is only another spider web on the bottom, not a manufacturer's mark, is this one of the few bottles of that era that is unique to this bottler or are there other examples out there?
20210403_090751.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The bottle has "design registered 1931" on the side, there is only another spider web on the bottom, not a manufacturer's mark, is this one of the few bottles of that era that is unique to this bottler or are there other examples out there?View attachment 222673

I have never seen that spider web embossed on any bottle base. Unique to this bottle, perhaps. I never saw the bottle before. I agree it should be art deco.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18