Some won't know what this is

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Two months ago, I found an old collapsed house deep in the woods. Most of it imploded on itself into it's cellar. One side wall was partly still standing because of a very tall Frigidaire super heavy looking refrigerator was holding it up. I wish to this day I had my phone with me(the one time it wasn't attached to my hip) Anyways, I did some peeping and kicking and snooping. Next to the fridge, on the mostly rotted and missing floor that revealed a raccoon skeleton was this item. It had been used as a pipe ashtray there a mostly eaten (mice?)corncob pipe in it and of course plenty of mouse scat and ash evidence. It took a bit to reach it safely and bring it home and it was a monster to clean up, but here it is now.....

IMG_8798 (2).jpgIMG_8801 (2).jpgIMG_8799 (2).jpgIMG_8800 (2).jpg

~Fred

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
Two months ago, I found an old collapsed house deep in the woods. Most of it imploded on itself into it's cellar. One side wall was partly still standing because of a very tall Frigidaire super heavy looking refrigerator was holding it up. I wish to this day I had my phone with me(the one time it wasn't attached to my hip) Anyways, I did some peeping and kicking and snooping. Next to the fridge, on the mostly rotted and missing floor that revealed a raccoon skeleton was this item. It had been used as a pipe ashtray there a mostly eaten (mice?)corncob pipe in it and of course plenty of mouse scat and ash evidence. It took a bit to reach it safely and bring it home and it was a monster to clean up, but here it is now.....

View attachment 221046View attachment 221047View attachment 221048View attachment 221049

~Fred
First thing that comes to mind is a spittoon but I'm not married to that idea. Some kinda watering hole for animals-beats me

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Its a roach motel...they check in but they don't check out..unless you leave the side door open.
I'm back on spittoon speh-ting.

Well, very good, the cushion part of the description is a real plus. It’s majolica pottery as well isn’t it, about 1884-89?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky