Something fishy about this bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleman

Reaction score
I was searching ebay and found this amber strapside flask with skull & cross bones acid etches on the front. I have never seen a flask like this before and the label on the back looks like one of those you see around because someone found a whole stash of them in a basement. I think that someone may have put tape on the glass in that shape and then sandblasted it to give the acid etched affect. Has anyone ever seen a flask like this before?

~~Tom
Cross & Skull Bones Poison Schwenker Schenectady,NY

trussin

Reaction score
Hey Tom,
I smell fish as well. Of course we are all familiar with the form and color of the flask. The etching is too good to be true. My opinion. Joe B

whiskeyman

Reaction score
TOM...never saw one like that before. I have seen MANY old bottles with unused "new" old labels attached...like this one apparently has been. There's no edge wear or discoloration on the label at all.

As for the etched skull...it too is suspect.
Sometime ago my wife bought an etching kit at a craft store..it had assorted designs....one of which is seen below: she put it on the back of one of my plain old bottles.

Tr50316.jpg

Attachments

• Tr50316.jpg
    Tr50316.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 156

KentOhio

Reaction score
I saw one without a label at a bottle show. I definitely think it was sandblasted, and recently.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum