Something I probably will never find again!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

embe

Reaction score
( They are supposed to be rounded on both sides)
Makes sense that rail lines wore down over time and needed to be replaced...maybe this a fraction of a section. of a section?

Still a cool find, heavy I bet.

butchndad

Reaction score
way cool but not sure what to make of this: Andrew Carnegie's Carnegie Steel Co was founded in 1892 and ceased operations on mar 02, 1901 when sold to, and became part of US Steel.

O shoot it's broken

Reaction score
way cool but not sure what to make of this: Andrew Carnegie's Carnegie Steel Co was founded in 1892 and ceased operations on mar 02, 1901 when sold to, and became part of US Steel.
I know that some companies that buy out other companies use the same name with the new name, like the record player that I have. It used to be Victrola, but now it is RCA Victrola. as they bought the Victrola company.

Bohdan

Reaction score
Went on a bottle dig at a 1906 farm on Saturday and got a nice load of bottles and other things as well. What appeared to be just an old steel beam that was laying on an old house foundation turned out to be a nice 3 1/2 foot piece of railroad. It says: Carnegie-ET-USA-1917-lllll . I have been into locomotives and steam locomotives since I was little and this was a nice farm find to me! It weighs probably more than 80 lbs. and i probably took 15 breaks trying carry it to my car, but i made it!:p I don't know if these are rare (saw on E bay people selling them for $300-$400).View attachment 215633View attachment 215644 I View attachment 215634View attachment 215632
The weight per yard is stamped on it. - 80# rail weighs 80lbs./yard for example. Height of rail should also equal width of bottom flange. I'd be glad to sell you all the three foot pieces you want from a historic local railroad. Light weight rail from a narrow gauge line (1890's)or heavy weight from a standard gauge. $150 a piece (+$100 s&h) and you can resell them on ebay and double your money or better! Or come and pick up a truckload!

Last edited:

Skadman4

Skadmans3
Reaction score
Found out that the railway that made my homestead house what it was in the community, was removed and moved to the Bynum Army Depot during WWI to facilitate the war efforts

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18