Something I probably will never find again!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

O shoot it's broken

Reaction score
Went on a bottle dig at a 1906 farm on Saturday and got a nice load of bottles and other things as well. What appeared to be just an old steel beam that was laying on an old house foundation turned out to be a nice 3 1/2 foot piece of railroad. It says: Carnegie-ET-USA-1917-lllll . I have been into locomotives and steam locomotives since I was little and this was a nice farm find to me! It weighs probably more than 80 lbs. and i probably took 15 breaks trying carry it to my car, but i made it!:p I don't know if these are rare (saw on E bay people selling them for $300-$400).
IMG_0922.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG
I
IMG_0920.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG

Timelypicken

Reaction score
The one I found on eBay was from 1906 and it was $375 free shipping. After fees and what the shipping would cost they would get around $200, but that is what their asking not what it sold for, but I wouldn’t be surprised it it brings that much. You also have to factor in that yours is a couple years newer. Nice find!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I saw a you tube video that the guy ground a horn on one of the end of track. Polished up it looked pretty cool. Looked like a lot of work.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

O shoot it's broken

Reaction score
The one I found on eBay was from 1906 and it was $375 free shipping. After fees and what the shipping would cost they would get around $200, but that is what their asking not what it sold for, but I wouldn’t be surprised it it brings that much. You also have to factor in that yours is a couple years newer. Nice find!
Yeah I know, but surprised it was up that high. Lots of people viewing it though.

Timelypicken

Reaction score
I know several Railroad collectors and they have big pocket books so they can spend big bucks on stuff

embe

Reaction score
Agreed with all above. Looks like it was torch cut to include the pertinent info, which is cool.

O shoot it's broken

Reaction score
Agreed with all above. Looks like it was torch cut to include the pertinent info, which is cool.
Yeah it definitely was done on purpose, but I don't know how it got way out in the middle of nowhere or how long its been there. it looks like it was worn out though the one side of the track head is sharper than the other. ( They are supposed to be rounded on both sides)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown