Sometimes things aren't always what you think they are .

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Five or six years ago I decided to take a drive to Cincinnati and try and visit an old dump site I had found years before on the banks of the Ohio River . When I made it down there , I discover that there has been a small parking lot built right on the river bank more or less not too far from where I was wanting to go . It was always a problem finding a place to park down there years before for fear of coming back and finding your car had been towed off .

I drove onto the lot and got out of the car and headed for the river bank which was more or less right off the black top parking lot . I only had about 150 feet to have to walk to get to the old dump site . I thought as I was walking that maybe I would get lucky , and possibly find a bottle laying in the bank possibly exposed from high water washing the bank . The thought no sooner entered my mind than I looked down and low and behold I saw a piece of amber glass sticking out of the mud . I poked around it some with my pocket knife till I was able to get hold of the neck and pull it loose . To my surprise it was an amber Coke bottle . It was a surprise to me because all the years I had dug bottles , not once have a ever found and old amber Coke bottle . Needless to say it made my day

When I got back home that afternoon I decided to see how well the bottle would clean up . In doing so I got another surprise to find that this bottle was not old at all . It is a 1986 centennial bottle as you can see in the picture below . Now what are the odds of this being pulled out of the mud on a river bank being a blasted commemorative bottle . So , still to this day I have never found an old amber Coke bottle . But I guess this was still a pretty good find being I did not find anything else that day . As for the bottle it is heavy just like the old Coke bottles are , not light like many of the other commemorative Cokes I have seen over the years , Has anyone else ever came across one of these ? This is the only one of these I have ever seen . Are they pretty common , or a little far and in between ?

C43FF8A6EEF34782A468EAB422E0E689.jpg

Attachments

• C43FF8A6EEF34782A468EAB422E0E689.jpg
    C43FF8A6EEF34782A468EAB422E0E689.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 79

reallyrs

Reaction score
My buddy found an odd little bottle once... It came out of a crab pot in the pacific ocean. It is shaped like a small Coke bottle, but green like a 7up bottle. It has the coke emblem on it, and a faded image of a lemon slice. Everything is written in a language I assumed to be Russian, But you can see that it says coca cola. Anyone ever seen one like that??

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey L C,
You found an amber coke bottle. That is the flat out truth. I bet that it is still collectible (although not nearly as valuable as an original).

Hey Reallyrs,
Can you post a picture of that. Believe it or not, I actually know Russian and I'd love to see it.

LC

Reaction score
I have no idea what that centennial bottle would be worth Bob . I would also like to see the Russian piece as well .

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS