Special Coke Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dogtx

Reaction score
I offered to sell him older cokes for $50 a piece thats cheap.

wisodas

Reaction score
If you look at the seller's other lots, some are ending with the appearance of being sold, but are then relisted. I suspect we'll see a relist on the Jellico Coca-Cola, too. The bottle is from about 1950, it has casewear, and has a cap that says "caffeine " on it - not that old.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
If you look at the seller's other lots, some are ending with the appearance of being sold, but are then relisted. I suspect we'll see a relist on the Jellico Coca-Cola, too. The bottle is from about 1950, it has casewear, and has a cap that says "caffeine " on it - not that old.

10-4 that's a late 60s-early 70s cap. I bought many and drank many just like it in those years. You know what they say -- "A fool and his money are soon parted".

American

Reaction score
I only participate in ebay auction format. I breeze right over anything that even comes close to retail price. I like sellers that show confidence in their offerings.

Demon

Reaction score
A few years back there was Shiek from Dubai or somewhere building a coca cola museum. He sent 2 guys to America with huge budgets to buy relics for the museum. So a bunch of otherwise cheap coke bottles sold for thousands on Ebay, people were posting outrageous prices and just hoping to get a bite.
At one point the 2 buyers were bidding against each other, the presumption was that their commissions were based on how much they spent.
Eventually a few greedy people contacted them privately and they stopped buying on Ebay and bought directly from individuals.
It was very exciting to watch happen in real time as no one knew the full story til after the buying spree was over, many people made a pretty penny milking the Shiek though. I'm sure theres a thread about it here somewhere, i think that's how I found this site to begin with.

DustinSBaker

Reaction score
Not greedy if they are willing to pay a kings ransom. And they did. When you are offered hundreds of thousands of dollars or maybe even a million or two it would make you think. That was a once in a lifetime offer so I can't blame them.

Before I found out what was going on I stuck a few on eBay with very ridiculous Buy It Now's to see if whoever was paying those amounts would bite. And they were swiped up. Nothing I would never run across again.

rich

Reaction score
I do not know if it is a fact that Coca-Cola was originally made with cocaine, if it was bottled with cocaine that would justify the price AND bring out the drug dogs.

DustinSBaker

Reaction score
A quick search for Jellico, TN bottles reveals right many of those.
I do not know if it is a fact that Coca-Cola was originally made with cocaine, if it was bottled with cocaine that would justify the price AND bring out the drug dogs.

It was but it was miniscule and during the first year or two of existence. This is way beyond the cocaine years.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
Remember in the flick Wall Street? Michael Douglas talks about a painting he bought for big bucks, says he’ll let time pass and make a big profit. “Illusion becomes reality”. How much is the fee for buying your own bottle and passing it along down the line for even more? Creating a history of value.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac