Speed Kills, Milk Bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
CT came out with the first state (auto) speed law. (1901) Not sure of the limit mph--think it was 10.

Dogo

DOGO
Reaction score
Where is it from? I think it would have a name and town if it is real.

American

Reaction score
I've always been a kind of old milk bottle kind of guy. I remember being excited as a teenager when I dug up local "round" milk bottles, so I was kind of saddened to see Ralph Finch's editorial in the recent AB&GC where he said milk bottles, barber bottles, and others that used to be collectible, have gone the way of Beanie Babies, as in, a diminished collectible status.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I've always been a kind of old milk bottle kind of guy. I remember being excited as a teenager when I dug up local "round" milk bottles, so I was kind of saddened to see Ralph Finch's editorial in the recent AB&GC where he said milk bottles, barber bottles, and others that used to be collectible, have gone the way of Beanie Babies, as in, a diminished collectible status.
Bumper, we'll have to wait and see what the next trend is

Reaction score
There have been many milk bottle images that featured public service announcements about driving carefully to protect the children. Here are a few from the 1940s.

Attachments

• 10001.JPG
    10001.JPG
    887.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 10002.JPG
    10002.JPG
    795.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 10003.JPG
    10003.JPG
    924.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 10004.JPG
    10004.JPG
    910.3 KB · Views: 114

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
There have been many milk bottle images that featured public service announcements about driving carefully to protect the children. Here are a few from the 1940s.
Morals long forgotten, at least in some areas.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

webe142

Reaction score
Peter, those are some good looking milks.

Do you collect milks in general or by particular theme? I only recently got interested and collect more based on geography. The wife likes the colors, and I was able to expand my display space.

Milks don't have a big following in Texas, but I understand that is different elsewhere. Its been fun learning about them, and only recently heard about theme collecting (WWII, nursery rhyme, etc).

Reaction score
Peter, those are some good looking milks.

Do you collect milks in general or by particular theme? I only recently got interested and collect more based on geography. The wife likes the colors, and I was able to expand my display space.

Milks don't have a big following in Texas, but I understand that is different elsewhere. Its been fun learning about them, and only recently heard about theme collecting (WWII, nursery rhyme, etc).

I collect milk bottles for the variety of themes that are represented in the beautiful images, largely on the back of the bottle. Most milk bottle collectors collet bottles from their own city, county, or state, but nearly everyone likes war slogans!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora