Spelling error

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jhamner

Reaction score
I have a Valmont Dairy bottle from Scottsville, Virginia, but this one has the town misspelled as Scottesville. I have never seen or heard of another. Has anyone out there seen this error? Would it be of any appreciable value due to the error? Thanks very much!

Attachments

• IMG_7873.JPG
    IMG_7873.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 122

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
People pay more for errors but it doesn't generally increase the value. I like them.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

logan.the.collector

Reaction score
I have a Valmont Dairy bottle from Scottsville, Virginia, but this one has the town misspelled as Scottesville. I have never seen or heard of another. Has anyone out there seen this error? Would it be of any appreciable value due to the error? Thanks very much!
I know glass insulators with spelling errors can command more of a value, but no idea with bottles. Really cool piece though.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I know glass insulators with spelling errors can command more of a value, but no idea with bottles. Really cool piece though.
Possibly to a collector of Virginia milk bottles. Coke or Pepsi errors i see are often priced high. A local bottler most likely will not. People like mistakes for personal reasons perhaps. Lol!
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

teckman

Reaction score
Pickett's Dairy in Sheridan, IN had milk bottles with two T's, but their single serve restaurant creamers had only one. Family members assured me that Pickett's was the correct spelling.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac