Splitting Privy finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rwcw1040

Reaction score
Do you more experienced privy diggers feel splitting the finds with your partner by him keeping his best dug bottle, and you keeping your best dug bottle, and splitting the rest between the two as a fair way to split the finds, or is it unfair to the guy that is out of the hole when the usage layer is uncovered? I don't want to be unfair in anyway, and digging is the enjoyment that I cherish, but I believe taking turns of first picks at each new hole and then splitting on down the line, and then next hole first picks is given to the other digger. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh the dreaded splitting the spoils thread rears its ugly head once again....Time to sit back and enjoy. rwcw. Is this guy someone who you dig regularly with? If so. Start by flipping a coin. Whoever goes first....next time you go first. Also most people will say who ever got the permission gets first pick. If you both find the hole and are digging the hole together, flip. Next time the other guy gets first pick.

Some people here subscribe to the notion....what you dig is what you keep. I disagree. Who decides when who gets to dig the use layer as you have said. Plus I know of diggers who have just about refused to come out of the hole..

Lastly, To save any conflict or hard feelings. Both of you should discuss and clarefy how the spoils are to be split before you dig. Then there will be no misunderstanding.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
First thing is that YOU DO NOT KEEP WHAT YOU DIG! Anyone who ascribes to that silly notion will not be digging with our crew. One fool tried it and was quickly and forcefully determined to not even think that way. His last dig with me involved me was around 15 yrs ago.

The coin flip works best for us. I prefer to dig with only one partner, but on rare occasions we have another along to complicate matters. The first pick continues on a regular rotation, but very valuable bottles are either bought out by one partner or sold and the profits split 50/50. This has worked for me and my buds for many years. No whining, no arguments, just diggin' fun. Heck, I could care less about most of the common stuff we dig anyway, so I let my partner take the majority of it. Yesterday's privies kicked out plenty of local pharmacy bottles, and stuff like Hostetter's, a few amber beers, sodas, and assorted patent meds. I took home exactly two pharmacies, he kept the rest. Two buckets full of bottles for him, two bottles for me, fair enough.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
i agree with these guys you must flip a coin because keeping what you dig can cause too many problems.when im digging with partners of course you want good bottles but so do they so even if this time you dont get the great bottle things always work out that you'll be the guy next time. DAVE

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Glad we don't have this problem digging dumps or trash pits! It is undertstandably more complex when digging small surface area privies straight down that require taking turns with one person at a time actually in the hole. Coins, straws,..... and true friendship work best.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

First thing is that YOU DO NOT KEEP WHAT YOU DIG! Anyone who ascribes to that silly notion will not be digging with our crew. One fool tried it and was quickly and forcefully determined to not even think that way. His last dig with me involved me was around 15 yrs ago.

The coin flip works best for us. I prefer to dig with only one partner, but on rare occasions we have another along to complicate matters. The first pick continues on a regular rotation, but very valuable bottles are either bought out by one partner or sold and the profits split 50/50. This has worked for me and my buds for many years. No whining, no arguments, just diggin' fun. Heck, I could care less about most of the common stuff we dig anyway, so I let my partner take the majority of it. Yesterday's privies kicked out plenty of local pharmacy bottles, and stuff like Hostetter's, a few amber beers, sodas, and assorted patent meds. I took home exactly two pharmacies, he kept the rest. Two buckets full of bottles for him, two bottles for me, fair enough.

Hate to bust the bad news to you son,but thats the way we do it.KEEP WHAT WE FIND.It has been that way since my buddy Paul and I started together.That was 8 years ago.It all boils down to ( What you agree on) and if you do agree,thats the way it is.No problems,no worries.
Every one is different,so it won't work with all.But it works with us.
We hate the coin flip,but then again its only the two of us,and thats the way it will stay.Peace,no fights over bottles,and no bull chit.I don't like the word crew,it sounds like a mob of bottle mongers lol
keep is simple is motto.

glass man

Reaction score
WELL IF THEY TWO OF YOU ,YOU GET TWO OLD DUALING PISTOLS. HAVE AN OBJECTIVE WITNESS. STAND BACK TO BACK .TEN PACES COUNTED OFF TURN AND..THE ONE STANDING GETS THE FIRST PICK. IF THE OTHER IS STILL BREATHING THEY GET SECOND PICK. IF NOT IN THIS OLE WORLD NO MO ALL GO TO THE STANDING. IF BOTH GO TO HEAVEN THEN THE OBJECTIVE PERSON SENDS THM TO ME. ASK FOR MY ADDRESS BEFORE THE DIG,VERY IMPORTANT.

IF MORE THEN TWO ALL GET AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.[M16S] GO INTO THE WOODS AND HUNT EACH OTHER DOWN. IN THIS ALMOST ALWAYS ONLY ONE LEFT,SO THEY GET ALL BOTTLES. IF ALL DO GET EACH OTHER ONCE AGAIN THE BOTTLES GO TO ME.GET MY ADDRESS BEFORE YALL START DIGGING,VERY IMPORTANT!

JUST A SUGGESTION! CAUSE I KNOW MANY ON HERE LOVE GUNS AND BOTTLES ,SO MIX THE TWO FOR THE MOST FUN!![:D] JAMIE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu