Spohn's Compound Bottle can anyone tell me anything about this? How Old? Value? Thanks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Millertyme

Reaction score
DSCN9349.JPG
DSCN9353.JPG
:)

nhpharm

Reaction score
A photo of the base may help with dating this, but looks like late 1920's or very early 1930's to me. Worth very little unfortunately.

Millertyme

Reaction score
Hi there, thanks,
I love the bottle was just wondering about it. do not find Gold ones that often.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The bottle is actually clear, it's the contents that are colouring it gold. It's not one that I'm familiar with personally, but I'd agree with Nhpharm that it dates to the 20s or 30s most likely.

Millertyme

Reaction score
Thank you, strange so whatever is in there has changed the color of the bottle?

nhpharm

Reaction score
It has coated the inside of the bottle. If you look horizontally through the base, you will see the true color of the bottle. If you opened the bottle and washed the contents out, the entire bottle would be clear.

MEDIC-372

Reaction score
Nice bottle...as stated it is clear and not worth much but I would keep it. Oil the cap to help preserve it.
I have seen older spohns compound bottles from around 1900 or so. What’s nice is to display yours with an older and possibly newer version.
I think that it’s a dog medicine for Distemper.

Last edited:

Millertyme

Reaction score
Nice bottle...as stated it is clear and not worth much but I would keep it. Oil the cap to help preserve it.
I have seen older spohns compound bottles from around 1900 or so. What’s nice is to display yours with an older and possibly newer version.
I think that it’s a dog medicine for Distemper.
Oh wow! that is great info! I like the color, therfore I will leave it. I will oil the cap. Thanks good info to have since I just love old bottles, yet have never known much about them. So nice to have this forum! Thank you so much!! Appreciated!

Millertyme

Reaction score
It has coated the inside of the bottle. If you look horizontally through the base, you will see the true color of the bottle. If you opened the bottle and washed the contents out, the entire bottle would be clear.
The bottom has Diamond Circled, I believed Ohio Glass mark. Need to research, I am a bit behind in current bottle research. If I remember correctly I am thinking Ohio Glass. There is also a 7, 8 & 5. I see the clear horizontally. So awesome to learn this. Thank you!!

Millertyme

Reaction score
The bottom has Diamond Circled, I believed Ohio Glass mark. Need to research, I am a bit behind in current bottle research. If I remember correctly I am thinking Ohio Glass. There is also a 7, 8 & 5. I see the clear horizontally. So awesome to learn this. Thank you!!
Saw this horizontally through base. Not certain I am answering you all correctly. Gosh just new to forum. Guess I will learn.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum