Spohn's Compound Bottle can anyone tell me anything about this? How Old? Value? Thanks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle-bud

Reaction score
1936 ad from the Kansas City Star

1607016263581.png

DavidW

Reaction score
The bottom has Diamond Circled, I believed Ohio Glass mark. Need to research, I am a bit behind in current bottle research. If I remember correctly I am thinking Ohio Glass. There is also a 7, 8 & 5. I see the clear horizontally. So awesome to learn this. Thank you!!
Hi Millertyme,
Your bottle was made by Owens-Illinois Glass Company. Their first major glassmaker trademark was a "Diamond and oval with a small I in the middle". On some bottles the I is hard to see, or not present.

The "7" on the left indicates it was made at their glass bottle plant in Alton, Illinois. The number on the right is a date code (I assume you meant the number on the right is an 8). That would stand for 1938 or 1948, can't be sure which year is right. The "5" below the logo is a mold number. Nice bottle! Any bottles made to contain veterinarian-related products are neat and they are collectible, but since quite a few of them are still around they don't have a lot of monetary value (yet).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu