Square brown bottles...?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Foreshore9

Reaction score
Hello any help identifying these much appreciated !

Attachments

• 20210404_092323.jpg
    20210404_092323.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 151

hemihampton

Reaction score
some type of Liquor bottle from the 1930's -50's. cool looking.

Dink1957

Reaction score
some type of Liquor bottle from the 1930's -50's. cool looking.
Just curious, but when you see a picture like that, how do you come to your conclusion of what it was for, and when it was made?? I'm trying to learn and absorb knowledge...looking thru posts on this site I see your name and a few others more then any other and I get the feeling you would be a great source of knowledge, as long as I don't annoy you so much you get tired of my questions...so, if your up to it, what is it you see in that picture that lead to your conclusion? Happy Easter by the way!!

bottles_inc

Reaction score
The wording on them about federal law is how these bottles can be dated to that period. There's a law that was enacted after prohibition (or maybe just at the end) that mandates that line about forbidding re-use is put on all liquor bottles. I think it was for the sake public health to crack down on counterfeit brewing operations that would lead to people getting poisons. Anywho, the law lapsed or went out of effect in the late 50s (or maybe the early 60s). I wish I remember more specifics about this tidbit of bottle history, but my head is like a sieve with some things. If you want to learn more, you can Google the phrase on the bottle.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Just curious, but when you see a picture like that, how do you come to your conclusion of what it was for, and when it was made?? I'm trying to learn and absorb knowledge...looking thru posts on this site I see your name and a few others more then any other and I get the feeling you would be a great source of knowledge, as long as I don't annoy you so much you get tired of my questions...so, if your up to it, what is it you see in that picture that lead to your conclusion? Happy Easter by the way!!
Forgot to make my response a reply. Seem my comment above this one

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The wording on them about federal law is how these bottles can be dated to that period. There's a law that was enacted after prohibition (or maybe just at the end) that mandates that line about forbidding re-use is put on all liquor bottles. I think it was for the sake public health to crack down on counterfeit brewing operations that would lead to people getting poisons. Anywho, the law lapsed or went out of effect in the late 50s (or maybe the early 60s). I wish I remember more specifics about this tidbit of bottle history, but my head is like a sieve with some things. If you want to learn more, you can Google the phrase on the bottle.
1935-1964. Some bottles that date up to the early 1970's still had the warning.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum