SS Cordele GA Coca Cola bowling pin bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is worth? I picked up a straight sided Coca Cola bottle today that looks like it's in the shape of a bowling pin and has at the top in a round circle, in script, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Cordele, GA. On the back it says at the top Trademark Registered. It is a really crude bottle, you can see where the glass dripped down the side. I can't put a pic on yet because I have to charge the batteries.
Robert
BARQS19

digdug

Reaction score
I looked in my 'Georgia Early Embossed Crown Top Soda Bottles' book and it doesn't even show the bowling pin type for Cordele, Ga. The closest one in the book-text was same as yours but not shape was listed between $70 to $120. I would think the different shape would only ad value to it! GOOD FIND!!

kastoo

Reaction score
What can you tell me about this:

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/bottles/bottles_config.pl?read=9067

This is the first time I saw a straight side with this ring near the top. It is embossed Ft Valley.

Thanks in advance

kastoo

Reaction score
I found this on Ebay..it is coke and it has the ring but it looks earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39500&item=6150997635&rd=1

digdug

Reaction score
I looked in my 'Georgia Early Embossed Crown Top Soda Bottles' book and it showed the Fort Valley bottle with ring. Listed value between $40 to $65. Depending on shape, etc.
It did not mention if the ring is rare or not. Showed 3 SS bottles, one like yours, with ring.

kastoo

Reaction score
The sick thing is that is two bottles, one good top and one good bottom. Still trying to find a whole...whole place is a mess. It was run over with a bulldozer in Ft Valley. Tons and tons of sodas, all broke..they were whole until they uprooted the tree roots they were stuck in. Soon houses will be built on the site. I'm sure there is whole stuff here and there..I found a tooled top amber beer bottle but unembossed and a jar, unembossed but old..seam stops at the top just under the threads. I don't want either of them but I retrieved them anyway to remind myself what could be there...i'll either give them away or sell for 25 cents or something.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles