Starting over in PA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deefee

Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm Dee, from Western PA. I've been digging for a few years now and had a nice little collection. Most of my sites were found accidentally, so I've never had to do much researching. During a divorce last summer, my ex-husband threw away my ENTIRE collection. EVERTYTHING. So, I've relocated to a nearby town, and have no idea where to start. I've asked around, but no good leads. I've searched old maps for dumps, etc, but haven't found anything. (I did find the location of a 1880's glass factory and I've found some great pieces of glass cullet)
Any suggestions? Public records? This is a great, old town that had significant wealth at one time. I know there are treasures to be found!

PEH22

Reaction score
Hi I'm also from Western, Pa. I live in a small Westmoreland County town that has a lot of history. I've been digging a few years and haven't had much luck finding digging locations. I tried to research nearby areas but came up empty. The one good spot i dug this year was a place someone told me about. It wasn't a big area but I did dig a couple dozen decent bottles. If you happen to figure out a way to do better research than me please let me know. I'm always looking for ideas from more experienced people. Best of luck to you.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, Wow Bummer, can't believe He threw away your Bottle Collection. I dig Privies more than Dumps as for me they are easier to find living in the big City. LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp