Steak

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I guess growing up in the South and having the world's most southern mother, I love meat/potato type meals. I am craving steak. I like my steak medium and they always over cook it! I don't like well done steak like my boyfriend. He likes a lot of his food well done.

How do y'all like your steaks? What are your favorite foods?

Also, I am 5'3'' and my daughter, who is 9, is already 5'!! WHAT IS UP WITH THE HORMONES IN FOOD!!!???

AlexD

Reaction score
Ohh, I love them!

hqdefault.jpg

AMChandler

Reaction score
I think you are right about the hormones thing. It's awful what's in the food supply!

As for steak I am pretty much a vegetarian so my favorite food is a vegetable sandwich. I could eat that every day!
I eat dairy: cheese, yoghurt things like that. Don't really drink milk and stopped eating eggs once I got some chickens and saw the whole process first hand. Chickens are so gross.

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I love red meat. I eat chicken a good bit, but beef is my weakness!
I grew up on a farm and my mom still has one so I am use to the whole process. We pick out our Thanksgiving turkey. Lol

bucky902

Reaction score
I like my steak med well cooked throw but not burned, I marinade my steak sear them on hi then cook on low real tender and great tasting or in summer over a open fire with maple wood adds a nice flavor yum yum good

epackage

Reaction score
My fave's in order...

Turkey
Steak - Med. Rare
Lobster
Pork Cops
Cod or Salmon
Rotisserie Chicken - Lemon Herb

Chick Peas, Cucs, Tomato & Celery salad w. EVOO, vinegar & splash of soy sauce every day
2 cups of baby carrots every nighty

coreya

Reaction score
Beef / steaks cooked 1 step from Moo! red and cold in the center nice char on the outside.
also like steak tartar, raw ground round salt & pepper with a raw egg and a little bit of onion.
Lobster (can't afford)
Shrimp, calimari, octopus, smoked salmon (really any smoked fish)
fresh veggies (this to please the wife)

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
Med. Rare- that's what I am talking about. haha. It grosses David out when its still mooing a little. haha

I like Turkey IF its deep fried. OH.MY.GOSH! My dad has to fry 3 turkeys every Thanksgiving b/c we have a big family and it is so good! He injects Cajun seasoning into it a few days before frying them.

Lobster is good also, I prefer Crab legs.

I love seafood.

In order I guess mine would be:

Steak
Hamburger steak with gravy
Chicken and dumplings
Pork Chops
Chicken
Fish
Crab legs
shrimp

I love ALL veggies! I could make a meal of veggies and fruit.

I DON'T care for chocolate. If I eat chocolate it is a Twix. I prefer candy like skittles, now and laters, LEMON HEADS.

If I had to list fast food/ Restaurants:

Mexican
Italian
Chinese

deenodean

Reaction score
BBq T-bone, strip loin or prime rib marinated in the Mrs. secret marinating sauce, med-rare.
I like all foods except squash. [:'(]
Fresh wild Atlantic Salmon fried in pork scrunchions. ( A once in a life time meal if u r fortunate ).
Newfoundland Jiggs dinner.
Bottled moose meat heated up in fried pork scrunchions, mushrooms, onions, rasped fresh garlic with a hint of Montreal Steak Spice washed down with a bottle of California Red Merlot wine.
Lobster
All other eatable sea food.
Etc etc

Plumbata

Reaction score
I make a blend of fresh garlic and soy sauce; pureed, then brought to boiling to cook it and break-down the surfactant or saponin components that otherwise make it thicker and full of microscopic bubbles. Poured back into the bottle and refrigerated it seems to keep just as well as pure soy sauce. Delicious stuff if you are garlic fiend like me.

Regarding peeling bulk amounts of garlic, I put a pile of cloves in boiling water for just a few moments, then douse in cold water. This makes the skins soft and very easy to remove.

That serves at my preferred marinade for steak, pork chops, etc. Other spices are added as fancy dictates, but the glutimates in the soy sauce really enhance the savory "meatyness" of the cuts.

Ribeyes and Tenderloin, albeit pricey, are my favorites. Heat the skillet very hot with some oil, and cook just long enough to brown the outside. Slide it around the sides of the pan to brown the edges of the steak so the main faces don't cook too much. If it doesn't quiver/jiggle it is too well done. My gal and I prefer beef to be practically uncooked, lol.

I've never been a fan of normal cooked fish (don't like the texture), but can't get enough of raw Salmon sashimi. I could eat pounds of it if I could afford to. 25% Japanese so it runs in my blood. [:D] Smoked salmon is very excellent as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch