steel Mountain Dew can from 70's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this yesterday near that local river I was exploring , it was under some trees along an embankment area .

still has a fair bit of original colour left for being outdoors so long . looking thru the mountain dew cans I have , none say " yahoo " on the top row like this one does . the OZ part is also different . I looked online and it appears this can is from the early 70's era . it might clean up more only gave it a light cleaning yesterday as it was showing a lot of colour already .

DSC03947.JPG
DSC03947.JPG
DSC03948.JPG
DSC03948.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's in pretty good shape! Is it a flat top or a pull tab can?

By the way have you ever seen an Uptown can before? I dug up half of one the other day and left it behind because it was in such bad shape, but can't find any Canadian ones listed online at all. I'll have to go back and take pictures to see if there's anything on it that would identify it as a Canadian can at all.

RCO

Reaction score

By the way have you ever seen an Uptown can before? I dug up half of one the other day and left it behind because it was in such bad shape, but can't find any Canadian ones listed online at all. I'll have to go back and take pictures to see if there's anything on it that would identify it as a Canadian can at all.

its a pull top can , the spot where I found it is fairly dry , some hemlock trees beside a road near the river . been thru that area before surprised I never found it earlier

I don't have any Uptown cans , believe in Canada it was sold by pure spring . never found any here in my area

RCO

Reaction score
this is the other similar mountain dew can that I have, found in a dump a couple years ago .

it has 284 ml on front but 10 oz on other side , no yahoo on front

also have some mountain dew with contests on them in various conditions

DSC03960.JPG
DSC03960.JPG

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
Nice cans. I haven't collected many because all of the ones I have found are rusted. I have kept one pabst blue ribbon just to experiment on. The other one (forgot what it was and packed away) was not rusted but had lost a lot of its color in the sun.

RCO

Reaction score
Nice cans. I haven't collected many because all of the ones I have found are rusted. I have kept one pabst blue ribbon just to experiment on. The other one (forgot what it was and packed away) was not rusted but had lost a lot of its color in the sun.

a lot of the cans still outdoors are rusted or faded by now , sometimes if you have a good cleaner some of the colour comes back out

some of the nicer cans I've found were buried or covered up by something . it can really vary by location too , sometimes everything is rusted beyond saving and at another spot I'm finding cans with a lot of colour still

Canadacan

Reaction score

I have an Uptown can...very late 60' to early 70's pull top.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I have an Uptown can...very late 60' to early 70's pull top.
Yeah this one is almost certainly older, I'll try to take a picture tomorrow if there's anything on it tying it to Canada. There wasn't an aluminum top with it so I assume it was a flat top.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think Mountain Dew changed to that newer Design around 1969 & I think the first version from 69 had that Yahooo across the top. LEON.

P.S. some of mine.
5mountaindews.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
Yeah this one is almost certainly older, I'll try to take a picture tomorrow if there's anything on it tying it to Canada. There wasn't an aluminum top with it so I assume it was a flat top.

I've rarely ever found American steel cans ( especially for soda's )here and my area saw a lot of US tourists , so is a good chance its from Canada

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac