steel Mountain Dew can from 70's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've rarely ever found American steel cans ( especially for soda's )here and my area saw a lot of US tourists , so is a good chance its from Canada
Yeah it's a shame there isn't more than just half the can left, seems like it could have been quite a rare one.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've rarely ever found American steel cans ( especially for soda's )here and my area saw a lot of US tourists , so is a good chance its from Canada
Well I went back and the only city I can see listed on what's left of it is Toledo. It's possible that they used the same can design here in Canada as they did in the US, since it seems pretty unlikely that someone carted a US can all the way up here and tossed it out in the woods far from any house or tourist attraction.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Well I went back and the only city I can see listed on what's left of it is Toledo. It's possible that they used the same can design here in Canada as they did in the US, since it seems pretty unlikely that someone carted a US can all the way up here and tossed it out in the woods far from any house or tourist attraction.
So the cans were the same, but by that time that MD entered the market we had all 10oz cans...the US was 12oz...Toledo would be an American can. I've seen collectors/diggers pull Canadian cans on the US side.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I've dug Canadian cans in upstate New York in a Watertown Campground & in the U.P. of Michigan in a Town Dump & Resort Dump in Hell Michigan. All from the 1950's. LEON

Canadacan

Reaction score
I've dug Canadian cans in upstate New York in a Watertown Campground & in the U.P. of Michigan in a Town Dump & Resort Dump in Hell Michigan. All from the 1950's. LEON
Yeah I forgot you mentioned that on one of the threads back on the RB site years ago...you were one of them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi