Stoddard Lamp Globe?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

POLECAT

Reaction score
Could this have been produced at Stoddard? An end of the day piece perhaps? It shows slight signs of wear here and there. Don't know why any modern glassblower would make something like this.

I guess the proper word would be chimney?
IMG_5947.jpgIMG_5939.jpgIMG_5942.jpgIMG_5943.jpg

Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
Don't have a clue other than it looks very modern.

POLECAT

Reaction score
But seriously, why would Pier One make something like this? What would you do with it? Theres a bit of aged rust on the top too. Maybe it was an apprentice's first week on the job.........:flag:

sandchip

Reaction score
Sorry man, but nothing about that piece says old or Stoddard, rust or not.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
But seriously, why would Pier One make something like this? What would you do with it? Theres a bit of aged rust on the top too. Maybe it was an apprentice's first week on the job.........

Every gaffer, from apprenticeship on, must have produced more than a few "practice pieces" that got tossed into the cullet barrel. Perhaps one was saved as a "first" or it was taken home "to show mom" or it was thought to be useful, if not perfect, at home.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
But seriously, why would Pier One make something like this? What would you do with it? Theres a bit of aged rust on the top too. Maybe it was an apprentice's first week on the job.........:flag:
I'm not sure why any chimney would be made in brown to begin with so I'm not making an opinion.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94