Stone hearts.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Here is a couple of stone hearts I made out of rocks. The top left is pink and green granite. Still scarred by the grinder step. The bottom left is a fluorescent rock heart past the second step of disc sanded up to 220 grit. It is calcite, willamite and franklinite. It glows green and red under a shortwave UV light. The big one is finished and buffed to a glowing shine. It is a green feldspar with dots of fools gold in it.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
20200624_163706.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I like your ability to make such awesome stuff Robby. Very cool
Thanks buddy. It keeps me busy and I have no time to get into trouble. lol! I like carving stone and heck, I have the equipment so I may as well use it.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

FreeRangeAsparagus

Reaction score
Those are so cool! I tried my hand at it last year with some pink granite and a Dremel but those are much better! What kind of tools do you use? I have some stone I need to cut.

Mjbottle

Reaction score
Cool man! Great craftsmanship! when i first saw them i couldnt help but think of andy from shawshank redemption carving rocks into a chess set lol. does it take you a long time to make one?

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Those are so cool! I tried my hand at it last year with some pink granite and a Dremel but those are much better! What kind of tools do you use? I have some stone I need to cut.
4.5 '' grinder with a continuous diamond rim blade. T
Porcelain tile blade basically.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Cool man! Great craftsmanship! when i first saw them i couldnt help but think of andy from shawshank redemption carving rocks into a chess set lol. does it take you a long time to make one?
Not too long. The polishing step and sanding take the longest. The grinding is the fastest part one hour tops. The hearts go 1 step grind is the top left then step 2 sand is the black red and white on the bottom left then the big one on the right is step 3 polish and done.each heart is at a different finished step.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The big heart took some time about 7 hours. I did it over 3 days so it wasn't bad.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Grinder with diamond blade. Understand this tool and has seen a lot of action.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
20200626_114353.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp