stoneware insulaters?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ryan

Reaction score
wow Matt that's a real neat one. I don't have my porcelain insulator books handy but every porcelain shape has a different number, assigned by collectors. Some are much more rare than others, and like bottles, they are often fairly common in one color (usually a form of brown) and the price can change dramatically for any rarer colors. Although some blues are common, some are very rare. That one you have there has an attractive 'drippy' glaze, probably of older manufacture and adds to desirability like crudeness in a bottle. Although most are unmarked, many collectors know who the manufacturer is by the glaze and shape etc. and can therefore pinpoint a date range on them. In general early porcelain is most valuable. As the more attractively colored glass insulators have gone up in price, more people are turning to porcelain to add some color to their shelves, as they are still fairly affordable even in nice colors.

JGUIS

Reaction score
Gunth, your was called sky tone. It was camo to make the insulators disappear in the sky background. Early beautification project if you will. Most of your price was in that. The first one posted here is pretty common, usually stamped THOMAS on the top.

buster

Reaction score
found at the same place.

4ABD87CB51BD4E58A430DC628F0DD843.jpg
have y'all ever seen this before? I have only seen them in glass.
I also found an 8ft. long wooden auger(?) I think. the paddles on it are wooden & they spiral up the wood core they are imbedded in. will take a pic tomorrow & post it.

8386BB59F9654219A3FC640221915A5A.jpg
I have this wood and metal auger it fits perfectly on all my glass and ceramic insulators.
bottles 001.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp